PDA

View Full Version : Are you having trouble with your new CRSpotless leaking?

SuperBee364
04-13-2009, 01:10 PM
I finally caved in and bought the DIC-20 CRSpotless from costco.com a few weeks ago.

I`ve had a terrible time with the cartridges leaking around the outside O ring.

Apparently, the company that supplies CRSpotless with their cartridges and filters have made a change to the filter housing. CRSpotless includes a metal washer and a "centering ring" that are supposed to be put in the bottom and top (respectively) of the filter housing. Well, the centering ring`s diamater is too small to fit around the top of the cartridge, and the metal washer lifts the cartridge up so far that it makes it impossible for the outside O ring (on the cartridge housing) to seat in the cartridge holder.

If you just got a CRSpotless, you`ll probably find yourself in this situation. The fix is to not use the centering ring or the metal washer. Just put the filter in the canister, then screw it in to the canister housing. If you`re still having problems with it leaking around the canister O ring, take the filter cartridge out and make sure both ends are screwed on tightly. It`s this last little step that finally got my system completely leak free.

Also, the .pdf file on CRSpotless.com is quite out of date. The new systems do not have dual probe TDS meters as the .pdf file shows. You`re only able to check the TDS on the exit side of the housing, not the inlet. So the only way of using the meter to check and see the hardness of the incoming water is to remove the filters from the cartridges, then install the cartridges into the housing without the filters. My water is very hard: 200 ppm.

CRSpotless really needs to update their documentation and the parts they include in the systems.

autoconcierge
04-13-2009, 02:19 PM
I have the older system, and I just muscle up with the provided wrench and no leaking for me of course I have muscle up to get them loose as well.

jb1
04-13-2009, 06:42 PM
I had the same problem when I bought mine over a year ago. I must have monkeyed up the o-ring when I was tightening it. It was always the cartridge to the right. I`ve always wondered if you can over-tighten the cartridge.

bill-sd
04-13-2009, 09:01 PM
I have the older system, and I just muscle up with the provided wrench and no leaking for me of course I have muscle up to get them loose as well.

That`s the trick! I had to do this myself.