PDA

View Full Version : Swirl X safe for Removing Swirls from Volks

Nopstnz8
04-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Hey guys I have some light swirls in the lips of my Volk GTS wheels and was wondering if Swirl X would be safe to use to remove them? The lips are clear coated and annodized, while the face is powdercoated and it should be clear coated. Can I use the Swirl X on the entire wheel including inside the barrel without damaging it or removing too much clear? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

longdx
04-13-2009, 04:55 PM
SwirlX is on the milder side of abrasiveness and should not be a problem for your wheels.

Acuraholic
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
should be fine, I use optimum polish II on my TE37 then top it with Four Star UPP

Nopstnz8
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Thanks guys. I have a problem though... I just cleaned my wheels which were KAIO`d inside and out about 2 weeks ago and now have a water stain inside the barrel of each wheel. The faces and lips are fine, only the inside of the barrel were I think water sat when I was cleaning only the paint over the weekend. I am thinking that re-applying KAIO will remove it? Does Swirl X have any cleaning properties to remove this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

longdx
04-16-2009, 08:03 PM
SwirlX will have a little more bite than KAIO and should work well.

Nopstnz8
04-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Thanks guys. I did this about two weeks ago, but decided to skip KAIO since the Swirl-X gave me amazing results. I just went straight to KSG since I had already spent close to 6 hours on the wheels with Swirl X. Thanks again for all the suggestions. I can`t believe I let my wheels lose that much shine, eventhough they really weren`t that bad to begin with (except to me). The durabilty of KSG is amazing though. I haven`t washed my wheels in two weeks and in the shade, and even in the sun, they still look relatively clean.