PDA

View Full Version : I got a whole bunch of things that I forgot how to use! Can you help me?

flymybird
04-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Take a look at the picture. I bought all these in the last two summers, hoping to do some good work on my cars. The most important one is a black 2001 Trans Am. However, laziness and lack of time prevented me from doing anything.

Until now. I`m ready! However, I totally forgot why I bought the things I bought, with exception of things like wheel & tire cleaner (duh!)

So, can you help me out and put these in order that I should use them? In the meantime I will search for all these to refresh my memory.

Thank so much!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3382/3435861438_818658ce7b_o.jpg

Srg.Rod
04-12-2009, 02:44 PM
Nice Colletion

DM101
04-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Wash....Use the optimum polish to clean your car...then use the natty`s for a wax finish or the Klasse for a sealant longer lasting finish. Clean your rims. And add the Meg. vinyl/rubber protection to your tires. She will look sweet.

J.J.
04-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Wash, Clay, Wash, Dry, Polish, Wax

motobuild
04-12-2009, 04:54 PM
1. Throw away the Meg`s Deep Crystal Wash

2. Wash car w/ the Gold Class

3. Clay (I see some QD, not sure if you have clay)

4. Polish w/ Optimum Polish (depending on paint. You have 1 white pad...not sure how much correction you`ll get but you should get some cleaning action)

5. KAIO

6. Natty`s Paste

7. Beer

gth181a
04-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry, off topic, but where did you buy the bottle of the Meg`s Gold Class Car Wash? I`m looking for a small bottle like that (to fit in my detail tote), but all I see is the big jugs in store.

To answer you question, wash, clay, polish, wax/sealant

flymybird
04-12-2009, 05:09 PM
1. Throw away the Meg`s Deep Crystal Wash

2. Wash car w/ the Gold Class

3. Clay (I see some QD, not sure if you have clay)

4. Polish w/ Optimum Polish (depending on paint. You have 1 white pad...not sure how much correction you`ll get but you should get some cleaning action)

5. KAIO

6. Natty`s Paste

7. Beer

3. Yep, it`s a sealed package from Autogeek I think - lube, clay bar and MF towel.

4. For correction, should I get a different color pad?

Also, I got a beige lumina on which my stupid nephew used a green kitchen scrub pad on, (don`t ask). He roughed up the clear coat quite a bit, that spot looks dull. What should I use to fix that? Scratch X? 3M Compound?

flymybird
04-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry, off topic, but where did you buy the bottle of the Meg`s Gold Class Car Wash? I`m looking for a small bottle like that (to fit in my detail tote), but all I see is the big jugs in store.

To answer you question, wash, clay, polish, wax/sealant

I bought most of those things online, but I can`t remember exactly where I got that, sorry!

gervin
04-12-2009, 05:47 PM
3. Yep, it`s a sealed package from Autogeek I think - lube, clay bar and MF towel.

4. For correction, should I get a different color pad?

Also, I got a beige lumina on which my stupid nephew used a green kitchen scrub pad on, (don`t ask). He roughed up the clear coat quite a bit, that spot looks dull. What should I use to fix that? Scratch X? 3M Compound?

Sounds like you need an Orange one.

Do you have a PC or what?

flymybird
04-12-2009, 05:50 PM
Sounds like you need an Orange one.

Do you have a PC or what?

Borrowing a buddy`s UDM

gervin
04-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Borrowing a buddy`s UDM

I`m not sure how good Opti Polish removes scratches. I have never used it.

Can you post pictures of your paints condition? It sounds pretty bad from the scrub pad incident.

I think your going to need an orange pad for cutting power. But once again, we need some pictures.

flymybird
04-12-2009, 05:57 PM
I`m not sure how good Opti Polish removes scratches. I have never used it.

Can you post pictures of your paints condition? It sounds pretty bad from the scrub pad incident.

I think your going to need an orange pad for cutting power. But once again, we need some pictures.

Well, I think I have something harsher in that mix of stuff ... like 3m Compound or Scratch X... what do you think?

I will try to post a picture of the paint, not today though.

gervin
04-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Well, I think I have something harsher in that mix of stuff ... like 3m Compound or Scratch X... what do you think?

I will try to post a picture of the paint, not today though.

Oh sorry I didn`t even see that.

You could go:

1.) Wash

2.) Clay

3.) 3m Compound

4.) Opti Polish

5.) KAIO

6.) Nattys Paste

Should come out pretty good. Still need to use an orange pad and it would still be nice to see some pics as soon as you can get them.

craigdt
04-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Oh sorry I didn`t even see that.

You could go:

1.) Wash

2.) Clay 3m Compound

4.) Opti Polish

5.) KAIO

6.) Nattys Paste

I agree. This is pretty similar to what a lot of us do

Good luck