PDA

View Full Version : Which Sealant to Get? With Poll Goodness!

Pages : [1] 2 3

armoredsaint
04-11-2009, 10:27 AM
After much reading here, I am down to either Zaino, Werkstat or Wolfgang? I`ve been using Klasse AIO/SG and Menzerna FPII/FMJ for a few years and I love the hard candy look/shine.

The only minor concern is the price for Wolfgang, it`s more expensive than Zaino or Werkstat - but if it works well I am willing to pay the price:waxing:

So many good choices and it`s hard to decide.

wannafbody
04-11-2009, 10:35 AM
ZAIO and Z8- great combo

Werkstat would be my second choice

AeroCleanse
04-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Consider Optimum Opti-Seal as well.

armoredsaint
04-11-2009, 11:05 AM
ZAIO and Z8- great combo

Werkstat would be my second choice

if i did the zaio and z8 route - does it mean i can bypass z2 and/or z5?

Scottwax
04-11-2009, 11:25 AM
Consider Optimum Opti-Seal as well.

I would too. However, if you are comfortable with the Klasse twins, then go with Werkstat. Better look and at least as durable.

Twista616
04-11-2009, 12:02 PM
add Opti-seal! Werkstat if i had to choose...

dogma
04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
1. Zaio & Z8

2. Swax

3. Cg Wmf

4. Ps & Os

bwalker25
04-11-2009, 01:00 PM
wolfgang 3.0 is a very slick sealant. decent durability (i get 4 months)....

imported_DJ Mayo
04-11-2009, 01:10 PM
There are too many right answers. Choose what you want. You don`t need anyones approval except your own and your customers.

armoredsaint
04-11-2009, 02:02 PM
There are too many right answers. Choose what you want. You don`t need anyones approval except your own and your customers.

my problem is that i really don`t know what to choose, so dependent of this poll - it will make my decision a little easier:woot2:

and scottwax`s recommendation for werkstat weighs very heavily! :D

EastsideAutoSpa
04-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Zaino is good but i think personal preference makes it more complicated to decide on a poll

armoredsaint
04-11-2009, 02:11 PM
I would too. However, if you are comfortable with the Klasse twins, then go with Werkstat. Better look and at least as durable.

hey scott, when you say opti-seal, you mean the little bottle that`s a WOWA? aren`t they the makers of Zaino products also :hide:

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2046_38765998http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/images/Z-CS.jpg

what do you like as a base, keep it in the family? thanks!

PerroneFord
04-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Based on my experience with Poli-Seal today, I like it a lot. The Optimum products seem very nice for daily drivers. I`ll be using them on my personal car next month. I`d like to try the Klasse twins at some point.

I have a Dura-Gloss project coming up in a few weeks so we`ll see how that goes.

wannafbody
04-11-2009, 04:48 PM
hey scott, when you say opti-seal, you mean the little bottle that`s a WOWA? aren`t they the makers of Zaino products also :hide:

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_2046_38765998http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/images/Z-CS.jpg

what do you like as a base, keep it in the family? thanks!

Seeing that ZCS came out first I`d think that Zaino makes Opti Seal:rofl

kustomsol
04-11-2009, 05:01 PM
You would probably get a bit better feedback if we knew what color your car is. Although I`m a Zaino Zealot, all of the above are excellent choices. But your best results depend 90%+ on your surface preparation. Zaino sealants are probably the most durable.

At age 68 with 4 cars, 2 of which really show dirt and poor allpication of sealants, my 1977 Black Excalibur Roadster and my 1991 Buick Reatta Convertible, I want a durable sealant which lasts and is easy to clean and maintain. So if I`m going to put in the effort to properly prepare the surface, I`m going to choose Zaino`s sealants. But also, use Z-7 carwash, Z-6 &/or Z-8, and Z-CS. I also like the rest of their product line for interior and exterior care including leather, rubber, etc.

Please remember that Zaino`s sealants are like Bryl-cream, "A little dab`ll do ya." Almost every new Zaino sealant user applies too much. But once you get the surface prep behind you, application and polishing are a breeze.

But the bottom line with all the sealants recommended above is that surface preparation is the key to a great looking finish, not necessarily the product. Zaino is generally considered the most durable of all listed. My cars are cleaned regularily and garaged when not in use.

Good luck and let us all know your choice and your satisfaction with it.