PDA

View Full Version : Product for baked on Brake Dust

Nick1214
04-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I am doing a 2007 Explorer Sport-Trac next week and it has some really caked crap that is most likely dirt and brake dust.

What is the best product to use on these alloy wheels to make them look new again and remove all of this crap. I tried a small spot today with a claybar and some of the crap came off but there is still some of this stuff left.

Thanks

Nick1214
04-10-2009, 07:02 PM
When using megs wheel brightener what safety precautions need to be taken?

Is P21S Gel Wheel Cleaner enough for the job?

Thanks

Nick1214
04-10-2009, 10:11 PM
goggles? Gloves?

imported_PaPaHoFF
04-10-2009, 10:22 PM
Megs WB should do the trick. I use it in a chemical sprayer for the lawn and do it from a good distance. Definitely wear gloves and do not breathe it in if you dont have to. I personally dont wear goggles but thats only because I wear glasses. Good luck.

imported_Jakerooni
04-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Duragloss makes a great wheel cleaner as well. But yes highly recommended to use gloves and goggles when using any acid based products like this. Breathing it in will mess up your lungs pretty well. So use a mask if you have one. At least until you get used to how harsh it is if you can handle it.

Alex Boyce
04-11-2009, 08:40 AM
WB usually gets through most brake dust problems Ive ever had, sometimes I have to reapply and agitated with a brush a few times. I`d say try not to breath it in cause its pretty damn wicked.