PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing your website...

Twista616
04-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Hey all,

I`m always sitting around thinking of new ways to reach customers or have customers reach me and I recently did a project on Social Media for my day job and had to present to a couple executives...which went well, BUT...

While i was researching, I found out that 83% of people will search a company online before they find them elsewhere...so a PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE is KEY!

That got me thinking, most people don`t know what detailers actually do...and i haven`t seen this done before...but make a couple videos and embed them onto your website. It make you different from your competitor and gives the customer a good idea of what you do. I`m glad i know some video editors too!

The homepage is most important, but I need to think more about this to figure out what kind of video and what to show...

Any thoughts on this?

EBPcivicsi
04-10-2009, 06:22 AM
I have one filmed, but need to write the script, edit it, etc.

We basically filmed a full detail and edited it down to about 2.5 minutes. It shows the "proper" way to detail a car. Or rather it shows the customer each step that we take to ensure their satisfaction. I feel that showing them small processes that they wouldn`t otherwise know about makes them think, "hmm, these guys really spend a lot of time on my car."

No if I can just slow doen enough to qrite the script...nope don`t want that! :D Guess I just need a few late nights to get it together....

Twista616
04-10-2009, 06:33 AM
nice, that sounds exactly what i was thinking...i would love to see what its like once its done...

imported_Jakerooni
04-10-2009, 06:40 AM
I`ve been trying to implement this for a long time now into my site. I`m just not tech savy enough to figure out how to embed the video so that it looks like it`s part of the site. I love the flipping sidshows too of before and afters I see a few sites out there with. I think anything that gives the customer a more informed choice on is a good thing.

fergnation
04-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I have just started on my web site. Kind of a frustrating process since this is the first time I have had to do anything like this. Everyday I sit down to work on it I find something else that i want. Unfortunately my abilities are limited and everybody that I have spoken to about working on it for is way too expensive. The one thing I want out of my site is to showcase the cars that I have worked on. I believe I can sell the service since I have always been able to. But times are changing and the first impression is usually the web site

Envious Eric
04-12-2009, 10:15 AM
yep, that has been my plan for a long time now...I kinda already started down that path with my all steps detail, but I would like to add a video. Once I get this other contract from a previous client of mine, I think he will be the one to film me working at various parts and edit the film for me!

Five_Star
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
My website is up right now and striking keywords for my local area. Also we have a blog up that`s acting as a place to strike even more keywords. Our contact info is on the blog too so hopefully it will give a prospect a good idea of our work and what we can expect.

D Tailor
04-12-2009, 06:32 PM
My website is up right now and striking keywords for my local area. Also we have a blog up that`s acting as a place to strike even more keywords. Our contact info is on the blog too so hopefully it will give a prospect a good idea of our work and what we can expect.

I think you need to remove your link from your signature as per forum rules. You can link to your website in your profile. :usa