PDA

View Full Version : which clay bar to use... CC safe.

hey_i'm_new
04-09-2009, 06:48 PM
2001 Acura Integra LS Sedan

NEVER detailed…

Color: White

I purchased a the FK1 decontamination kit and I am contemplating on which clay to use from claymagic. The RED or BLUE. It looks so bad, I am thinking only a wetsand will save it. LoL. Not to much info. on the RED bar… except for “it will remove paint” by user who was banned.

Will also be doing paint correction and polishing afterwards.

Thanks in advance.

gmblack3
04-09-2009, 06:52 PM
If you are using a decontamination kit the blue should be fine.

Do not let any of the decontamination steps dry in the sun.

hey_i'm_new
04-10-2009, 01:29 PM
what if i decide to go with the RED bar... any ill effects? i don`t want to "remove" layers of paint. not worried about extra marring...

02zx9r
04-10-2009, 01:44 PM
you wont remove "layers" of paint

dublifecrisis
04-10-2009, 02:08 PM
blue is less aggressive right? I`ve got some minor marring from even the blue but I know you said you don`t care about marring. Never used the red but the blue stuff does the job for me. That`s my favorite clay.

hey_i'm_new
04-11-2009, 12:55 AM
blue is less aggressive right? I`ve got some minor marring from even the blue but I know you said you don`t care about marring. Never used the red but the blue stuff does the job for me. That`s my favorite clay.

ya... this vehicle is almost 10 years old and never seen a detail in it`s life. whatever i cannot remove by the decontamination kit and RED clay, hopefully... the paint correction/polishing steps remove all of it.

YoMike
04-11-2009, 01:37 AM
The Sonus Green is on sale 2 bars plus case $12 or just one bar no case $5

You can use discount code ACC08NMD for 20% off on $50 plus orders

Autopia Car Care DEALS (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/driveaway.html)