PDA

View Full Version : thinking about a flex...

Envious Eric
04-09-2009, 11:22 AM
so I have been thinking about picking up a flex 3401 lately...I watched the video on DD about the time difference and the amount of defect removal...

what size pads do you "have" to use? I just made a $250 order for pads all in the 5.5" size...am I good to go still?

what were the issues people were having with them and why were they breaking down? I hear something about the ring inside needing lubricating, and to tighten a screw on the inside, right?

Thanks

Eric

! apmljv
04-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I`m interested to know as well. Picture instruction would be helpful..

I saw it in one of the thread about lubricating the inside before using them, but now I can`t find it.

Accumulator
04-09-2009, 01:32 PM
Perhaps this thread is the one you`re wondering about:

[EDIT: eh..that link didn`t work. The thread is in the Machine Polishing Forum and the title is something like "Caution Flex Users.."]

toyotaguy- Sorry, but I haven`t tried any 5.5" pads on it...not even sure where my old ~5" pads *are* to be honest :o Hopefully somebody else knows if they will work...

But I do sure like the Flex and I recommend it.

! apmljv
04-09-2009, 02:22 PM
aw. The link brought me back to Home page :(

Envious Eric
04-09-2009, 02:23 PM
yeah me too...

just called autogeek and she said it comes with a 6" plate, so all my pads would be a waste of money....greeeeeeeat

SuperBee364
04-09-2009, 02:46 PM
It seems like there was a thread around here somewhere about how to use smaller pads with a Flex...

Edit: I guess you could get the Edge 2k adapter for the Flex, then you could use every size Edge pad from the four inchers (made for the Cyclo) up to the eights if you want. It would just be a matter of finding a place that had the Edge adapter for Flex in stock...

Envious Eric
04-09-2009, 03:33 PM
or flex just makes two sized backing plates....hmmmm

BigAl3
04-09-2009, 06:13 PM
here`s a great review if you haven`t already read it...

Detail Paradise Forums-viewtopic-Flex XC 3401 VRG Review and Testing Very Long ! (http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)