PDA

View Full Version : Shamwow For Drying Floor Mats?

Pages : [1] 2

shadow85
04-08-2009, 07:21 AM
Shamwow is prob a no no on paint. So I was wondering, what about drying floor mats? So I was thinking, spray cleaner on the mats and blast with water. Maybe agitate, and then use shamwow to suck dry the water. Anyone know if shamwow is absorbant enough for this to work?

Twista616
04-08-2009, 07:36 AM
im sure it is, or you can spray and wash the mats then hang dry them, or throw them in the sun...shamwow is absorbent and will work...

brwill2005
04-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Shamwow is prob a no no on paint. So I was wondering, what about drying floor mats? So I was thinking, spray cleaner on the mats and blast with water. Maybe agitate, and then use shamwow to suck dry the water. Anyone know if shamwow is absorbant enough for this to work?

Although I have never tried it, why would it be a problem on paint. It is probably just made from a PVA material like other synthetic chamois which work quite well. PVA is a very soft man made material.

BobD
04-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Although I have never tried it, why would it be a problem on paint. It is probably just made from a PVA material like other synthetic chamois which work quite well. PVA is a very soft man made material.

It`s a rough fiber material and not the PVA stuff.

shadow85
04-08-2009, 07:57 AM
im sure it is, or you can spray and wash the mats then hang dry them, or throw them in the sun...shamwow is absorbent and will work...

I have never washed my mats before so I dont know how long it will take to air dry (and I live in NYC where it prob wont get hot anytime soon). So I was just thinking maybe this will acelerate the drying time. Is the absorber as absorbant as the shamwow? Probably cost more but can get in stores easier.

BobD
04-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Do you have a wet and dry vac? If not I`d just soak up the water with a regular towel and save your self some money. Also turning on the floor heater helps a ton as well.

Bostonsfavson
04-08-2009, 09:09 AM
I`ve found the ShamWows to be crap, be it in the kitchen or anywhere else. They are no more absorbent than a cotton towel. Don`t waste your time.

shadow85
04-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Do you have a wet and dry vac? If not I`d just soak up the water with a regular towel and save your self some money. Also turning on the floor heater helps a ton as well.

No wet dry vac but I got heat ;)

I wonder if the absorber is more absorbant that regular cotton. I dont mine paying for something that will do the job better.

Looks like shamwow is a gamble. Some batch work nicely, and some just are crap and lint.

i12flytoday
04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree with above. I have found that the shamWOW products are just a waste of money. A good dry cotton towel washed and dryed WITHOUT fabric softener is the most obsorbent, cheapest, method of doing what you want to do.

fergnation
04-08-2009, 10:03 AM
please dont touch your paint with these things. Got some for x-mas and they are used for kitchen and bathroom duty only. Even though they might work fine for blotting out stains. Some carpet cleaner want you to just blot at the stains

Mr. Clean
04-08-2009, 07:04 PM
I don`t have the ShamWow product, but I have what I believe to be a very similar product. They are far from cr@p. The perform as advertised. They suck up liquids. And they do it better than any MF or cotton terry toweling that I have. Unlike terry towels which are useless for absorbing after they have reached their saturation point, you can wring these out and they keep on going.

It is true that they are not a PVA material, they are of viscose construction. They are far from rough. They adeptly serve a variety of duties in and around the house. Another unique use I found while I was involved in Scouting, put a hole in the corner, install a shower curtain ring and attach to your pack. Makes a great camp shower towel. Hand wring it dry, clip it to your pack and it is dry and ready the next evening. Unfortunately, someone figured this out and now you can buy these at places like REI, but mine cost considerably less and is larger.

02zx9r
04-09-2009, 02:18 PM
I would not use them on paint either, i guess if i had to i would use the blotting method to try and avoid scratches/

critical_level2
04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
please dont touch your paint with these things. Got some for x-mas and they are used for kitchen and bathroom duty only.

I will agree. I use them to clean around the house, for the really dirty crap I don`t want to ruin my microfibers on. I only have them cause I got about 15 of them for $4 at a car show. They also start to smell after a while.

Mr. Clean
04-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I will agree. I use them to clean around the house, for the really dirty crap I don`t want to ruin my microfibers on. I only have them cause I got about 15 of them for $4 at a car show. They also start to smell after a while.

I can`t remember any of mine smelling, but pop them in the washer. That should resolve that issue.

Vintage
04-11-2009, 10:33 PM

I got mine for the about the same price at the state fair in Dallas, TX a couple years ago. I wouldn`t use them on paint, but wow, they do absorb like you wouldn`t believe. I just throw them in the washer and they`re fine, no smell afterwards.