PDA

View Full Version : poorboys swirl removers

yukonXL
10-23-2005, 07:36 AM
good morning everyone.....i was interested in a swirl remover and i see that poorboys has 3 different levels of swirl removers. SR-1...SSR-2...and SSR-2.5
which is a good one for a beginner

jaybs02
10-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Hi Yukon, actually there are 4, don`t forget SSR-3
All of them are good for a beginner, the different numbers are for the different level of agressiveness, SSR-3 is the most agressive and SSR-1 is the least.

It is a matter of choosing the correct one or one`s with the combination of the type of pad (if you are using a rotary or PC) to correct the finish of your paint.

If you lets us know the condition of the paint we will be better able to answer your question.

Good luck
"J"

cwcad
10-23-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi Yukon, actually there are 4, don`t forget SSR-3
All of them are good for a beginner, the different numbers are for the different level of agressiveness, SSR-3 is the most agressive and SSR-1 is the least.

It is a matter of choosing the correct one or one`s with the combination of the type of pad (if you are using a rotary or PC) to correct the finish of your paint.

If you lets us know the condition of the paint we will be better able to answer your question.

Good luck
"J"

Jaybs95`s answers are absolutely correct. Yet, if you have caught the detailing bug as I have, You might as well give way to the urge and buy them all. The SSR line of swirl removers are very user friendly. When you buy all of them you can start with the least abrassive first and go from there. Using what is needed to accomplish what you want.

I have used most of them. All with great success. The only one I have not used is SSR3. Wish I had bought that one also. I will with my next order.

yukonXL
10-23-2005, 12:31 PM
well my truck is metallic beige and the only place i saw swirl marks
was on the hood.Other than that i haven`t seen the marks anywhere
else unless they are there and i cannot see it.

jaybs02
10-23-2005, 03:23 PM
If the swirls are fairly mild then I would suggest SSR1 with a polishing pad if you are using a PC.

Good Luck
"J"