PDA

View Full Version : Rightlook customer service

autoconcierge
04-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Well sometimes things are exactly what they seem, I needed a water containment system for my new shop and the option of installing an exspensive recovery set up was not financially prudent and I could not cut up the floor in my space etc... .

I researched on the web my options and there were a few company`s that sell a system for auto detailing with a containment mat plus a pump to suck up the water for proper disposal later.

I settled on Rightlook, because all the systems were basically the same price point and if the gear did not work as advertised Rightlook being in So Cal allowed me the option of being able to drive to there location and speak with someone face to face(something you cannot do if I ordered from back east since I am in Nor Cal).

I have tried in the recent past a few products from Rightlook and was underwhelmed on every product, their focus is on teaching rookies how to wash and detail vehicles for the bottom end of the auto detailing market in my opinion, stopped by their showroom last year and the presentation of the place was not bad but it was obvious that high level correction is not in their skill set.

Onto the problem..... I order the set up which is not cheap $1,300.00 dollars but not to bad if the gear does what it is supposed to do, it does not as far as the pump and the puddle scoop is concerned as I hooked it up and the amount of water sucked up was pitiful..... so I call and of course the first thing is "did you assemble the unit right ?" YES I reply(note it has male and female hose fittings and will only go together one way) so after a little stalling "someone will call you back and see what can be done" well they never call back when promised I always have to call them.

So after I tell them look the pump is defective(I took the thing apart four times and re assembled it to make it work as I need it to work because my lease strictly forbids water run off and I do want to be eco friendly, they decide to issue a call tag and send me a new pump(after the words CHARGEBACK were uttered) they were stalling and they almost never answer the phone and someone is always "at lunch".

I recieve the new pump and hook it up and it did not work at all!!! this is a pump rated to suck up 6 gallons of water a minute so they claim and the pump sent picked no water per minute(lol) I was hot!!! call them again and it took four times to get thru, so I tell the receptionist who sounds like she is fifteen years old" I told you if this gear did not work it is all coming back and I would do a CHARGEBACK on my Visa cc, unless something can be done and she says well ship it back my cost........ ahhh NO so now I am doing a charge back and if they want the product back they need to do another call tag as they are selling defective gear in my opinion.... what a pain in the a** well you live and learn.

Any of you out ther have a system you use like this that works?? please post on this thread.

imported_Detailing Technology
04-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Font is hard to read....

The place sounds like it sucks.

AeroCleanse
04-04-2009, 07:52 AM
Rightlook to me seems more interested in selling the teaching aspect than good products. The only other place I`ve seen that has them is Detail King.

Car Wash And Water Containment Mats (http://www.goestores.com/storename/detailking/ViewDept-184118.aspx)

Flashtime
04-04-2009, 08:04 AM
No need to shout.

autoconcierge
04-04-2009, 08:22 AM
No need to shout.

LOL I guess the font was a little large:sosadIt just so maddening when companys are shady and take hard earned dollars from people.

Flashtime
04-04-2009, 08:31 AM
We`ve all been screwed over at one point or another. I`m owed a few G`s...

I`ll bet the company is struggling to stay afloat and having MANY other issues.

Yours is a drop in the bucket. Sadly...

Showroom Shine
04-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I had considered RightLook for some equipment and Training a few years back. They sent me alot of paper on their products and services. I even talked to a guy on the phone, who seemed ok. I changed my mind and went with another company. Glad I did. Check with DetailKing about a Vacu- Broom. I too am considering a water containment system. They are not pushing the issue here in Ohio yet! I have put $1800 back to buy a system when the time comes. I`m a Mobile Detailer and I know the time is coming when all water has to be captured. Be sure to check DetailKing,talk to Nick Vacco. Great Guy and company!

Sorry about the bad experience with WrongLook! When ever we deal with a company who gives US bad service. WE need to post it and pre warn everyone!

Let us know how this all turns out!

Finish Line
04-04-2009, 09:22 AM
We installed a sand seperation system in our garage three years ago. We have the same in our hangar. If you own the property you work in, it`s essentially an upgrade to the property. Cost was about $30k. But, again, it`s an investment in your property. We only lease the hangar but, as most of you are aware, servicing aircraft made that money up fairly quickly. And, it`s a deductable expense. We continue, however, to use wash mats on our mobile rigs.

Drew

autoconcierge
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
Just leasing at this point, so not an option. We will see how things go when I am in the catbirds seat, as they have my money and I have a useless piece of equipment.

Of course I am washing a 360 Modena today and nobody is in my complex at all, so I am almost done and who drives up but my landlord................. he feels I lied to him and I had to show him the system does not work so he said allright just get something in as soon as possible.. Wronglook nice going!!!.

Woob
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Auto,

Have you tried searching on MobileWorks? Vacuboom might be a good alternative. In general I`ve heard alot of the systems can be made by your own design, but that`s alot of trial and error and find the right materials.

Street5927
04-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Rightlook to me seems more interested in selling the teaching aspect than good products. The only other place I`ve seen that has them is Detail King.

Car Wash And Water Containment Mats (http://www.goestores.com/storename/detailking/ViewDept-184118.aspx)

I have ordered from Detail King in the past and have had excellent customer service. I have never had any "hassle" with them...and they actually called me once to tell me about shipping, that actually saved me $60.00. If I have any questions, I get answers from them quickly! It`s hard to find a company with good customer service, but I can vouch for Detail King...their customer service is next to none in my opinion.

PS: I should mention, that I have ordered from many other companies too with excellent customer service, but since this one was noted, I figure I would share my personal experience with them.

Relaited
04-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Try Mel Craig at The Total Pros: Auto Detail Training | Meguiar`s Detailing Supplies (http://www.thetotalpros.com)

He was the best thing that ever happened to Rightlook, and now he is on his own.

Everytime I call, I get a live person. I get solutions and great customer service!

-jim

autoconcierge
04-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Try Mel Craig at The Total Pros: Auto Detail Training | Meguiar`s Detailing Supplies (http://www.thetotalpros.com)

He was the best thing that ever happened to Rightlook, and now he is on his own.

Everytime I call, I get a live person. I get solutions and great customer service!

-jim

Quick update, stopped in to rightlook today as I am in So Cal. Talked extensively with Joe @ Rightlook about the pump I purchased not working, we finally agreed that since I would be in San Diego to come by and see what the problem was as I could not get the pump to work.

Now if I did something wrong(not assembling the unit properly) I would keep the equipment and apologize to everyone involved @ Rightlook if they could show me the unit worked properly, however if the pump did not work I would require them to refund me the purchase price on the spot.

I had hooked up the system according to the directions three times, the damn pump would not suck up any water..... well they get my unit to work as advertised stumped the hell out of me until I thought I just had more lights installed and have been tripping breakers left and right at the shop.

So as a man of my word I am stating the Rightlook equipment works well and I was wrong and am apologizing here on the thread I started, I also stopped by The Total Pros and purchased a low pressure wash unit as I think this piece of equipment will work on about 60% of the cars coming to me and the option to wash a car in the shop itself appeals to me greatly with no water hitting the ground at all, the only thing I will do in the future is use ONR instead of the Megs last touch as the mix with the DI water you use in the unit.

Again apologies to Joe @ Rightlook.

Bob Willis

SuperBee364
04-16-2009, 06:59 PM
Very cool, Bob, thanks for the update.