PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle XMT 180 High Gloss

Pages : [1] 2

Street5927
04-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I have to order some more wax. I originally was going to order some more Souveran Paste, however, I see that Pinnacle now makes this 180. Has anyone tried this wax yet, and I was wondering how it performs and if there is much of a difference in gloss between this and Souveran?

thecarter13
04-02-2009, 09:04 PM
To answer you question i have used the 180 and i was really impressed by it. I haven`t the chance to try the Souveran yet seeing as i still have plenty of other waxes (lol how is it though), so its hard to compare. They say this wax will work well on lots of colors but i really think its aimed more for the darker colored cars especially for black and red. For the price which last time i saw its a steal. I managed too do about 12-15 cars or so even though they say more. I recommend you getting some and giving a try. Its also easy to apply and moderately easy to take off. It does provide a good amount of depth at least on my car when i used it last time. Its been on my car for about a month and a half and its still showing pretty well. I don`t have the greatest knowledge of all the products out there but compared to products i have used i think its a great product especially for the price range.

XRL
04-02-2009, 11:50 PM
XMT smells like grapes! I haven`t had a chance to try it out yet, so I`m afraid I can`t be too helpful, but I`ve heard people like it. Not super amazing OMFG awesome stuff, but pretty decent for the price.

Legacy
04-03-2009, 12:43 AM
What color is your car? If it`s a dark color Souveran wins hands down. If it`s a light color you may not see much difference. XMT 180 has been around for awhile and has never gotten great reviews.

Street5927
04-03-2009, 01:09 AM
What color is your car? If it`s a dark color Souveran wins hands down. If it`s a light color you may not see much difference. XMT 180 has been around for awhile and has never gotten great reviews.

I personally have a black and silver vehicle. I am very happy with the souveran on both (particularly the black). Although I do like it, I am inclined to try something a little different to see if there is any difference in depth and gloss. What I am aiming towards is a wax that would "pop" and add more depth and gloss (when applied with a sealant) when doing a clients vehicle.(which, as we know are all different colors)

With that said, I was thinking about trying the XMT 180....but I was also kicking around trying the Dodo Juice Supernatural. I could try both, since the XMT is quite cheap; however, I have heard good comments about the depth and gloss of the DoDo Juic, but I would not consider purchasing the Supernatural for the lighter vehicle`s and the Blue Velvet for the darker paints due to the cost.

I guess another alternative that catches my eye is the Dodo Juice Double Wax????

Any other thoughts on this???

XRL
04-03-2009, 07:51 AM
I was going to recommend the Fuzion BOGO, but I see they took it off special. Mayb call them up and see if they have any hiding anywhere?

I will admit, the Doublewax sounds cool, but at the same time it sounds rather... odd. It doesn`t sound any different than layering a sealant and a carnauba except that you`re layering two blends of carnaubas.

If you`re looking for more of a metallic pop, you might want to try some different sealants. It almost seems to me that when I layer a sealant and a carnauba the metallic flake in my silver paint gets muted under the carnauba.

Or maybe try the straight 8 kit? And a 30 mL thing of Supernatural? I`d imagine that 30 mL of each is enough for 2-3 cars worth.

E300Diesel
04-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I picked up some of this wax during Detail Fest. I apply a coat to our Luna Mist Corolla and the look is a nice warm shine to it. Like a previous poster stated, nothing on the OMFG level, but I think a decent wax for the price. Beading on it is very nice, if you`re into that sort of thing ;)

After a week of on/off rain, it`s still on there and beading

XRL
04-03-2009, 08:45 AM
I picked up some of this wax during Detail Fest. I apply a coat to our Luna Mist Corolla and the look is a nice warm shine to it. Like a previous poster stated, nothing on the OMFG level, but I think a decent wax for the price. Beading on it is very nice, if you`re into that sort of thing ;)

After a week of on/off rain, it`s still on there and beading

Did you get yours chucked at your head? :D Just kidding, there was nothing dangerous about the throwing of the waxes. Other than the fact that the crowd that gathered turned into a bunch of sharks that smelled blood :P

It was pretty funny Max was like "OK, these are all really hard to open, but don`t complain because you`re getting them for free!" Man Detailfest was fun.

TGates
04-03-2009, 08:50 AM
It`s an alright wax, but definitely not up to par with Signature Series II or even DP Max Wax. I find it`s hard consistency kind of a pain to work with, too.

E300Diesel
04-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Did you get yours chucked at your head? :D Just kidding, there was nothing dangerous about the throwing of the waxes. Other than the fact that the crowd that gathered turned into a bunch of sharks that smelled blood :P

It was pretty funny Max was like "OK, these are all really hard to open, but don`t complain because you`re getting them for free!" Man Detailfest was fun.

Whhhattttt???

I actually paid for it. :sadpace: But I was able to pick out the best cans out of the litter :bawling:

craigdt
04-03-2009, 04:42 PM
I bought some a while back and it was decent. It has a very strong grape smell at first but it has lessened a bit.

*the lid was a bit stubborn*

It was easy to apply and remove.

It looks pretty good. Like others have said, nothing that will blow you out of the water.

Durability was decent, typical of other carnaubas.

I honestly, if I didnt enjoy collecting waxes, wouldn`t want to spend the money on this. However, it is a decent performer and is nice to have sitting around.

I was, however, blown away by Nattys blue paste wax, as much as I hate the name. :smile:

jmkiang
04-28-2009, 11:45 AM
Sorry to revive with this a noob question:

How do you guys apply this? Remove it from the container and rub on a gray pad?

craigdt
04-28-2009, 12:45 PM
You can do that, or I just use a foam hand applicator pad. It works really quick either way.

jmkiang
04-28-2009, 01:10 PM
So just leave the wax in the tub?

02zx9r
04-28-2009, 02:39 PM
I bought a tin of it a while back and it looked great on my g/f`s black explorer. I was in the middle of putting it on my white corolla but I dropped it on the ground (i had it out of the tin to rub it on my pc pad) so I had to throw it away. Maybe two uses out of it so I was a little :furious:

I would buy it again if autogeek were to put it back on bogo. I took advantage on the fuzion bogo. But I have so much wax now i really dont need more.