PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Wheel Brightener

imported_GDA4
04-01-2009, 02:33 PM
I`ve read through the numerous posts on the dangers of using Megs WB. I plan on using it on some stubborn brake dust. I`ve tried clay bars, tire brush with EF Hi-intensity cleaner and polishing with menzerna intensive polish with poor results.

I have my grout gloves ready and I will tackle it this weekend. They are OEM BMW wheels (clear coated). My question is would it be safe to use EF Hi-Intensity cleaner afterwards to make sure all the WB is removed? The EF is alkaline. has anybody done this?

TIA

gtpaul
04-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Use your car soap and water to neutralize the acid and alkalies from those products

mr_bertone
04-02-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi

What is the dangers you are talking about?

tom p.
04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
What is the danger you are talking about?

Can you say "ABF"?

Here`s a recent thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/96102-meguiars-wheel-brightener.html

bakers03
04-02-2009, 07:37 PM
The wb is the best stuff I`ve ever used. All this talk of giving it away or it being bad for you is too much. Sure it smells bad, hold your breath. The only negative I have is the wb eats my stick on wheel weights, it seems to attack the lead and breaks it down so I sealed them with silicone. Problem solved.

imported_GDA4
04-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I`ll be sure to try to keep it away from the stick on weights. Thanks for your opinions