PDA

View Full Version : Boar Hair Wheel brush OTC substitute?

imported_LuxuryDetail
04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Boar Hair Wheel brush OTC substitute?

What brush can you buy at Target, Walmart, Kragen, Pep Boys etc etc

that is comparable to the Boar Hair Wheel brush? I am looking for something that can agitate well and not scratch my Iforged painted and polished rims....

Setec Astronomy
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I`m not sure that anyone is going to be able to recommend a particular brand/part...I think you`ll need to go look at what`s there. You want something that doesn`t have any metal near the bristles. Some have a metal collar that`s crimped to hold the bristles, you`ll at least want one with a plastic cover over that. The bristles should be soft...push your fingers all around and see if anything feels sharp.

GLuXuRy
04-01-2009, 11:42 PM
aww come on man .. you spend thousands of dollars on your Iforged wheels

just log on to autogeek and get the 25 dollar boars hair wheel brush (8 inch ) and boars hair wheel lug brush for i think 10 bucks and some P21S Gel wheel cleaner .. use promotional code AUT9580L to save 10%

until then .. just use a thick microfiber wash mitt, soap and water and a gritt guard

also look into the Swissvax wheel brush

lamby
04-02-2009, 12:39 AM
homedepot has a boars hair brush. i think its really a small round broom. its about 7 inches in diameter and wood. no handle though. it has a threaded hole in the middle for a broomstick. i got it for free since there was no price tag and no item # found though..

HydroMan
04-02-2009, 12:49 AM
LOL yeah those beautiful wheels aren`t cheap... whats another $25 for a quality brush?

MarcHarris
04-02-2009, 07:08 AM
LOL yeah those beautiful wheels aren`t cheap... whats another $25 for a quality brush?

+1

with lots of money into something that can be easily damaged/dulled, its worth a few extra dollars. u can`t even get those babies mounted and balanced for the price of the supplies u need...

BigAl3
04-02-2009, 10:52 AM
check these out and you get the autopian 10% discount to boot...

Adam`s Boulder Blonde Boar`s Hair Brush Special! (http://autopia.org/forum/adam-s-polishes/117293-adam-s-boulder-blonde-boar-s-hair-brush-special.html)