PDA

View Full Version : DF Towels linting badly

Anthony A
10-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Just like the title says. My DF Towels are linting like crazy. Any body else have this problem and what do you do about it? I have had them for a year but only recently started using them so they have been washed maybe four times if that. I wash them alone and in warm water with liquid Tide Free and no fabric softener. Dry on low heat. Same routine I follow for my other MF.

Bill D
10-21-2005, 09:26 PM
I have never had this problem and have towels that are 2+ years old and one that is a few months old. All launder equally and all occasionally exhibit the described random loose thread that must be trimmed. Not a defect, just a trait. No linting of any kind. I just washed them this evening.

I would contact Leo of DFtowel.com directly, perhaps enclosing a photo of the linting towels. I`m sure he`ll be helpful.

Anthony A
10-22-2005, 11:56 AM
I have never had this problem and have towels that are 2+ years old and one that is a few months old. All launder equally and all occasionally exhibit the described random loose thread that must be trimmed. Not a defect, just a trait. No linting of any kind. I just washed them this evening.

I would contact Leo of DFtowel.com directly, perhaps enclosing a photo of the linting towels. I`m sure he`ll be helpful.

I have had the loose threads that I have had to cut and maybe thats were the lint is coming from.

Would a hot water wash be any good for these towels? I don`t think it will hurt like it could with regular MF since there is no polyester in these to melt.

JeffM
10-22-2005, 12:25 PM
I wash them in hot water with no problems. Mine doesnt lint, although they did when they were new.

I also wash my MF towels in hot water too, 3-4 out of 10 times or so, their fine.

Bill D
10-22-2005, 12:30 PM
I regularly wash all my MFs in hot water. Always a vinegar rinse also.

Anthony A
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
I wash them in hot water with no problems. Mine doesnt lint, although they did when they were new.

How many washes until the linting stopped? Mine have been washed maybe four times if that so maybe they are still too new?

Bill D
10-22-2005, 02:40 PM
I have had an issue with more "conventional" synthetic fiber MFs linting but not the DFs. In the case of the conventional MFs, it appears it is simply possible to occasionaly get a bad batch. In those instances the vendor was very receptive and completely refunded my money.

CTDiesel
10-22-2005, 08:12 PM
The DF Towel material changed earlier this year. I don`t know if the new material is more prone to linting or not.

Bill D: Which of the two DF Towel materials do you prefer?

JeffM
10-22-2005, 08:56 PM
Actually, i think my DF towels linted for about 6 or so washes.

Bill D
10-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Hmm..I didn`t notice a change in the material but it could be my most recent towel was from an old batch. I would call this to Leo`s (DFTowel) attention.

cwcad
10-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Have never used the DF towel but one thing that i do with my MF towels is never dry them in a clothes dryer. Mine are always line dried. Have never had a inting problem.
Just food for thought!

Bill D
10-23-2005, 12:26 PM
Hmm..I`ve more or less dried any and all of my MFs in a clothes dryer with no issues. High heat too.

cwcad
10-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Hmm..I`ve more or less dried any and all of my MFs in a clothes dryer with no issues. High heat too.

Well, the reason that I always line dry My MF`s is because I have two teenager`s that do laundry and a four year old who thinks that he can wash and dry his toy`s or whatever else comes to his mind. Never know what is in the dryer even when checked and double checked. It just became a habit that I have found to be condusive to getting a lint free MF without any static.