PDA

View Full Version : Mark-V Krystal Kut

Pages : [1] 2

Flashtime
03-31-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok, i`ll be placing an order soon and i have only tried their MV 350; which

is the best compound i`ve tried so far...

They do have several other compounds but the descriptions are somewhat

vague. Is anyone familiar with all their compounds?

Has anyone tried the Krystal Kut?

Thanks,

Han

porta
03-31-2009, 10:20 PM
If you want to buy some compounds from Mark-V, try UNO or Mystique. I also like

Phase V, all of them are very nice compounds.

Flashtime
04-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks porta,

I`ll just have to try each one. I`m quite happy with IP and M205 for my middle

polish and UF for finishing so i wont be getting the Phase V.

charger17
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Get the Uno, you seriously won`t need anything else

Flashtime
04-01-2009, 04:01 PM
It says Mystique is body shop safe and that`s probably the main difference

with UNO. Was considering P0 203... Unlike the detailers here, my routine is

always the same (sand, compound, polish and finish). With 2 clear coat types

things usually stay consistent. So, i`m just looking for the "ultimate" compound

to remove 2000 grit marks on fresh paint.

porta
04-01-2009, 11:48 PM
Is UNO not body shop safe?

charger17
04-02-2009, 06:07 AM
Uno is also bodyshop safe. It`s basically the new version of Mystique. For me Uno cuts quicker and also finishes down better than Mystique. Same principles apply, wool pad, then cutting pad then finishing pad. Probably the biggest bonus with Uno is that you can usually miss out the foam cutting pad and go straight to the finishing pad without any difference in the end result

Flashtime
04-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Probably the biggest bonus with Uno is that you can usually miss out the foam cutting pad and go straight to the finishing pad without any difference in the end result

I can do a 2 step on fresh paint? Never gotten away with that before.

That would be just too good to be true!

apotelyt
04-07-2009, 09:08 AM
How well does it cut with the newer ceramic clears from PPG or Glasurit?

charger17
04-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Mark-Vs Uno with a wool pad cuts the new clear coats really well. The big bonus for me is that it also finishes down well even with a wool pad. Very little work after with a finishing pad.

Flashtime
04-07-2009, 09:02 PM
How is the UNO compared to MV350?

I just placed my order today. And i`m getting samples of UNO and Phase V.

charger17
04-08-2009, 06:04 AM
MV350 cuts slightly quicker than the UNO.

romar
04-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Uno is also bodyshop safe. It`s basically the new version of Mystique. For me Uno cuts quicker and also finishes down better than Mystique. Same principles apply, wool pad, then cutting pad then finishing pad. Probably the biggest bonus with Uno is that you can usually miss out the foam cutting pad and go straight to the finishing pad without any difference in the end result

I`ve recently purchased Uno and Mystique. So I understand correctly, each of these products can be used with wool/cutting/finishing pads depending on the desired level of cut? On another note, does anyone have feedback on Mark V IP 100 Poly Shine, Dazzle and Coach Wax?

charger17
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Dazzle is one of my favorite waxes, it`s real easy to use and it gives a lovely warm glow to the paint. It`s great on silvers. Good durability too

romar
04-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Dazzle is one of my favorite waxes, it`s real easy to use and it gives a lovely warm glow to the paint. It`s great on silvers. Good durability too

The bottle label reads "Removes swirls & light scratches", so I`m assuming this is an all-in-one product with micro-abrasives. I think I`ll have a go with the rotary and a polishing pad. Thanks for the feedback! :bigups