PDA

View Full Version : So, I just bought a Mazda3. Need advice to recover from a bad dealer prep.

Smoked Tails
03-31-2009, 06:40 AM
As the title states, I need to deal with a Black Mica Mazda3 that suffered from a moron with a rotary. It`s not terrible, I considered trying to get some RMG and Natty`s Blue and calling it a day, but the Autopian inside me said no.

I`m starting from scratch here, no buffer, towels, products anything. I`m overseas military and when I went back home on leave, I shipped everything (PB SSR3-1 + NB) home to hook my family up with nice looking cars as a thanks for putting up with my crap when I was younger.

I haven`t been active here in a while, a lot can change in two years. What would the good people of the Autopia community recommend? I would prefer to order from a single vendor since APO/FPO shipping is a little more spendy than regular shipping. I`ve been browsing on Autogeek, and have about $300 in my cart for #83, #80, DG111, a PC with a buncha 5.5" pads, the Guzzler WW B1G1 special, and the Cobra glass towel B1G1. I`m not opposed to any choice of vendor. I know that things are tough in the states right now, and would also like to shop without a coupon code because good vendors need to stay in business.

I`m used to the way the PB SSR line polishes down and that`s about it. From the digging I`ve done here, Mazda paint is relatively soft. With this gorgeous black pearl-ish color that I have, what should I do? I live in England, so the weather usually sucks. I`m willing to sacrifice some looks for durability since I can`t do what I need to as often as I should due to poor weather here. Is M83/M80 with a wax like 845 a good setup or should I lean toward a different set of products with a sealant?

When I had my old, crappy Vauxhall I was a bit less careful. Since I have this shiny, new car payment in front of me, I`m actually focusing on balancing immediate amazing looks (and the CC wear that goes with it) versus looking pretty good, through the clever use of glazes, and a sealant to maintain maximum protection for the next two years or so until I get back to the states and everything gets easier.

I appreciate the time anyone takes to answer. Thanks, it means a bunch to me.:waxing:

Picture of the beast in question:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/brocklanders007/Car/DSC00328.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c373/brocklanders007/Car/DSC00325.jpg

Just a quick wash and some Mother`s Caranuaba wax I had laying around.

steelwind101
03-31-2009, 08:00 AM
Hi!

HAHA! Made me smile reading your post, as i thought you must live in the least British street in Ely with Mazda 3 Sedan and that Dodge thing in the background; Two very unpopular cars!

Personally i just got my hand on M205 and M105 which are the new Megs Polishes and from my limited testing seem to be a alot better in the finish and use then the older 80 and 83.

You can finish with your 845 but while your in the UK why not pick up a Supernatural sample for £15, will look amazing on the black metalic esp. if you wanted to put down some RMG first to make it really pop!

Geoff

PS. The weather isnt always bad!

Accumulator
03-31-2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I`d go with the newer Megiar`s polishes instead of #83. I can still see using #80 for the final polish though, especially if somebody`s used to it.

You can mitigate the cut of M105 quite a bit by using it with gentle pads, but I`d be a little careful with the generally thin Mazda paint.