PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated breaking in of towels

pingable
03-30-2009, 07:47 AM
I just love my broken in used waffle weave towels. These are super soft and just right on my super soft jet black paint. These are the PakShak Ultrasoft towels.

My DerWunder Towels, (being more thicker), I save for the regular paint...but unless they are primed with water (drying the glass 1st), I don`t like taking them to paint. Hopefully a couple more washes with the DerWunder towels will *break* them in just slightly everso more.

danr43
03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
I`m curious...when you refer to "breaking in" towels are you referring to the tendency for MF towels to absorb liquids better after a few washings?

lamby
03-30-2009, 06:49 PM
i think it gets softer?

BigAl3
03-30-2009, 08:31 PM
as i`ve mentioned many many times before, i only like to use the ultra soft waffle weaves (blue perl, CG`s, monterey, etc) as the regular waffle weaves are a tad too hard for my liking...

right now in the autopia-carcare.com store (hot offers), the blue perl waffle weave is on sale for $6.30 (regular $10.50) and with the autopian 10% discount, it comes to $5.37 which is even better...

Blue Perl Drying Towel (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/mf-204.html)

REVNU
03-31-2009, 01:18 AM
I ordered some of the Blue Perls on my last Autopia order and they are my favorite drying towel so far. Not only do they absorb water like a mofo (I can do my entire Subaru with ONE towel), they are cheap to boot! Great towel, even at full price!

pingable
03-31-2009, 07:07 AM
they do get softer over time but in general, I like to *prime* a dry WW prior to putting it on paint but doing the windows 1st.

And I`ve always been using OID as a WAUD drying process .

We all tend to focus on paint, polishes, etc but I still have more focus on washing/drying as this is what makes or breaks a polished car by proper wash/dry technique and media IMO.

Accumulator
03-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Hmmm...my well-used PakShak ultra-softs aren`t as nice as they were when new :think: This probably gets back to my whatever`s-going-on water issues, but they`re not much, if any, softer than my Yellow Sonus WWs :nixweiss

And yeah, I too prime `em by doing the glass first and I use a QD when drying if I`m not redoing the LSP.