PDA

View Full Version : Meguires/ And your opinion

Pages : [1] 2

1bad-detailer
03-29-2009, 05:39 PM
Greetings all.... I have gotten back into the detailing field after a 2 year sabatical. I am getting myself reaquainted with the products on the market and I am seeing alot more from meguires than ever before. I have done maybe 25-30 full details since starting back up and I have been more than impressed by Meguires products. Just wanted to get some input from others that have been doing this non-stop for a while. Perhaps there is something that I am missing. I don`t want bashing. I just want honest opinions. I did a full detail today in which I used all Meguire products. It took me 3 hours and it looked just as good as other details I have done with Poor Boys, Greg`s,--- stuff like that.:bounce

imported_wagonproject
03-29-2009, 05:41 PM
hm........

Kevin Brown
03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
You can get an idea of autopian opinions reading this thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/116964-really-impressed-meguiar-s-late.html

:bigups

BigAl3
03-29-2009, 06:14 PM
i`ve been using megs products for years (along with some other brands), and they say what they do (at least IME) and are very reasonably priced. everyone is going to have different experiences (along with other brands as well) and if *YOU* like the results they give, that`s all that matters...

megs isn`t for everyone (whether they`ve had bad experiences with their products, customer service, etc..) and sometimes some people like to support the smaller companies in which they get the same or better results with...

02zx9r
03-29-2009, 06:46 PM
I like Meguiars and am sure there are just as good or not better products out there, but like BigAl mentioned, *I* like the way the products work for me so I am going to stick with them.

No complaints here.

AeroCleanse
03-29-2009, 06:53 PM
I don`t use any brand exclusively, I use Meg`s and Optimum to name a few.

Flashtime
03-29-2009, 09:55 PM
I`ve been using Meguiars product lately myself. I`d like to try the newer M105

as i think the older version is just OK; cakes up the pad too quickly and slowing

me down. Anyhow, the M205 is a winner (similar to IP).

Aside from the products, they`re a very proactive company with courses one

can take. Tons of information and videos readily available on MOL. Now that`s

impressive.

Scottwax
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
I don`t use any brand exclusively, I use Meg`s and Optimum to name a few.

Same here. Sometimes I will have several polishes and pads stacked up next to a car trying to find what works. Always best to have at least 5-6 different polishes on hand.

Meguiars newest polishes, #105 and #205 are both excellent. :xyxthumbs

AeroCleanse
03-30-2009, 07:28 AM
Same here. Sometimes I will have several polishes and pads stacked up next to a car trying to find what works. Always best to have at least 5-6 different polishes on hand.

Meguiars newest polishes, #105 and #205 are both excellent. :xyxthumbs

I have the older style M105 which I use on white cars (as there are 2 in the family), then I followed up with the older style Optimum Polish.

stiffdogg06
03-30-2009, 08:48 AM
i agree with Scott and Aero. I also stack a few different polishes because one polish may work perfect on one car and not do nothing on another...

I am mainly with Mequiars and Menzerna. More so Menzerna, but both have done me good.

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-30-2009, 09:04 AM
MeguiAR`S makes great stuff... I`ve tried many polish lines and always kept going back to MeguiAR`S... M80 + LC white is by far one of the best combos I`ve tried on the rotary and use it probably every detail.. I also sometimes use Menzerna stuff like SIP, 106ff and 85rd but it`s mostly 85rd and 106ff for finishing one some cars...

A lot of people are realizing more and more that their stuff is great, and getting better, but for the love of Barry, it`s MeguiAR`S

SuperBee364
03-30-2009, 09:31 AM
i`ve been using megs products for years (along with some other brands), and they say what they do (at least IME) and are very reasonably priced. everyone is going to have different experiences (along with other brands as well) and if *YOU* like the results they give, that`s all that matters...

megs isn`t for everyone (whether they`ve had bad experiences with their products, customer service, etc..) and sometimes some people like to support the smaller companies in which they get the same or better results with...

IMO, BigAl3 nailed it. Especially the reasonably priced part. The only other product line I can think of with as good of (or better) price/performance ratio is Finish Kare 1.

EvoMRtunerIX
03-30-2009, 10:20 AM
I love Meguiar`s products and am very happy with the results..

longdx
03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I have been very pleased with Meguiars UQD, UC, SwirlX ,QID, and Natural Finish. That said, I still use other products as well. I like to experiment and some products work better for different application. I have yet to try Mezerna, FK, Prima, or Zaino.

1bad-detailer
03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I find their products pretty amazing and you cannot argue with the price. I am still looking for a better swirl remover. If anyone can toss me some input, I would appreciate it. I have been using the poor boy products off and on but I am just not particularly happy with the amount needed in order to do an incredible job. I am anal about my details and also Obsessive Compulsive so that doesn`t help. Again, any input from you all would be most appreciated.