PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on how to keep birds off mirrors

imported_RedlineIRL
03-29-2009, 04:41 PM
I am getting really sick of the stupid cardinal that likes to use its beak to attack my side mirrors and get mud all over them. Is there anyway that I can deter it away from my car? I was thinking of using something to cover the mirrors up, but what can I use? Does any manufacturer offer something that covers the glass on the mirror? I`d rather do something that will keep it away for good other than covering up the mirrors daily. I don`t think work will be too happy though if I am firing rounds off at birds. Any ideas?

imported_Gears
03-29-2009, 07:10 PM
There was a robin who`s entire day was spent attacking the mirrors of any car parked in my driveway. The mud and bird crap he could put on a car was unreal.

Putting socks over the mirrors helped but then he started attacking my wheels, I guess they were just too shiney.

Legacy
03-29-2009, 07:52 PM
I had that problem before and used a shower cap.

imported_RedlineIRL
03-31-2009, 09:36 PM
I have tried putting bags over the mirrors a few times but that worked. I was hoping there was another way to get them to go away instead of having to constantly cover them.

XRL
03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Poison the bird. If you don`t it will poop on your car.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-31-2009, 11:38 PM
Put nuts around your neighbors cars.

indelible
04-01-2009, 12:14 AM
Put nuts around your neighbors cars.

lol.

maybe try killing one and leaving it by your car. maybe they`ll be scared and not come around. or maybe wrap a toy snake around the mirror haha

imported_RedlineIRL
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Poison the bird. If you don`t it will poop on your car.

With what? I have always heard rice works good with them.

Setec Astronomy
04-07-2009, 08:31 PM
You could try one of those fake owls that are supposed to scare other birds away. Doesn`t work too well with crows (which are almost as big as the owl) but might work well with smaller birds.

imported_Jakerooni
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
get a outdoor cat.... They won`t be bugging those mirrors anymore with the little kitty prowling around.