PDA

View Full Version : Recardo Clay

Pages : [1] 2

Jesstzn
03-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Got to use the Recardo clay over the last few days. Very impressive .. it was still in the 40s F and I had no problem keeping it pliable. I have used the Mothers , Clay Magic and the Zaino clay and it seems to outperform them all . Stayed very tacky throughout. I used it with Megs Last Touch QD.

I was doing my own car so all that was needed was the yellow. I have a couple of containers of the blue too and haven`t tried them.

BigJimZ28
03-28-2009, 05:38 PM
yea, yea quit your bragging

Dsoto87
03-28-2009, 05:41 PM
So what was so much better?

Jesstzn
03-28-2009, 05:42 PM
yea, yea quit your bragging

Now now now .. you know we only have 2 good things up here .. good beer and Recardo clay ... Someone stole the canoe so our navy is history.

BigJimZ28
03-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Now now now .. you know we only have 2 good things up here .. good beer and Recardo clay ... Someone stole the canoe so our navy is history.

:LOLOL:bigups

craigdt
03-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Alright. How much do you want to smuggle a truck load of it down here?

:lol

eyezack87
03-28-2009, 06:31 PM
Put some in hot water before you use it. Its much better that way :)

MarcHarris
03-28-2009, 06:55 PM
does anyone have an answer to why in the world we can`t get this stuff in the states? i need to get some smuggled myself. everyone seems to love the stuff but i can`t get any :(

BigJimZ28
03-28-2009, 07:05 PM
does anyone have an answer to why in the world we can`t get this stuff in the states? i need to get some smuggled myself. everyone seems to love the stuff but i can`t get any :(

yep, it`s due to patent laws

IIRC they run out in a few years

David Fermani
03-28-2009, 07:08 PM
I have used the Mothers , Clay Magic and the Zaino clay and it seems to outperform them all.

So what was so much better?

I`d like to know too......

simracer
03-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I liked it better too (or at least when it was the Zaino clay based on the same formulation). The replacement Zaino clay was more prone to crumbling. The current version would likely do better when used with a quick detailer rather than car soap and water mix for lubrication.

Scottwax
03-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Can`t get Recardo Clay or Opit-Clay here. :(

Darkstar752
03-28-2009, 08:30 PM
It`s Riccardo for anyone else looking at it, not Recardo, just a FYI.

And it is MUCH more pliable and stretchable, and doesn`t crumble at all.

Dsoto87
03-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Does being more pliable and stretchable actually help in removal of the contaminants?

The only way I would want to improve on blue clay magic is if it were to remove more contaminants with less marring. Does this riccardo clay do that?

Im just wondering if the hype is justified or if its just wanted because its not sold here. I for one am guilty of buying into a lot of the hype but I just want to know if this hype is warranted.

So can someone explain to me how being more pliable and stretchable actually helps in contaminant removal?

BigJimZ28
03-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Does being more pliable and stretchable actually help in removal of the contaminants?

The only way I would want to improve on blue clay magic is if it were to remove more contaminants with less marring. Does this riccardo clay do that?

Im just wondering if the hype is justified or if its just wanted because its not sold here. I for one am guilty of buying into a lot of the hype but I just want to know if this hype is warranted.

So can someone explain to me how being more pliable and stretchable actually helps in contaminant removal?

the story goes: it does not marr the paint, yet works very well

there are tons of (old) threads try a search