PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Process. Evolution of detailing

imported_Detailing Technology
03-28-2009, 03:56 PM
Been experimenting in 2009 with all of the new developments in DA specific products. I`ve locked in a few processes that are making the cut.

All washed with Citrus Wash & clear via foam gun.

First: Bad paint, DA only, Zaino finish

M105

M205

Z5pro

Z8 (12h post curing)

Second: Med swirls, rotary only, natural finish

M105 old version

Menzerna 106fa

Swissvax Concorso

Third: Med to light swirls, though sufficient for more, DA / Rotary combo, natural finish

M205

Po85rd for jeweling

Swissvax Concorso

Fourth: So far the best on white I have tested. (I like white to look like plastic)

M105 or M205 pending damage via DA

Optimum Poli-Seal

Optimum Car wax

Looks to be a good season. I`m getting the outstanding results I sell, the reaction from customers I want, and saving time.

:waxing:

willtothewong
03-28-2009, 05:06 PM
nice write up

i like these `best of the best` ideas

=D

tett
03-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Interesting topic, I say.

Question... when you talk about saving time, what is the primary timesaver? If I follow, you are able to two step many times where formerly you would have had to three step... Is that correct?

I`m a noob, so I`m curious...

03-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Interesting topic, I say.

Question... when you talk about saving time, what is the primary timesaver? If I follow, you are able to two step many times where formerly you would have had to three step... Is that correct?

I`m a noob, so I`m curious...

Close.

M105 and M205 with the non-diminishing abrasives are cleaning up paint much faster than diminishing abrasives.

I used to work 100% with a rotary and would spend extra time pulling the car in and out of the sun to look for holograms, and spending extra time to jewel. Now I know there will be none when I use the D/A.

AeroCleanse
03-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Close.

M105 and M205 with the non-diminishing abrasives are cleaning up paint much faster than diminishing abrasives.

I used to work 100% with a rotary and would spend extra time pulling the car in and out of the sun to look for holograms, and spending extra time to jewel. Now I know there will be none when I use the D/A.

I used to use a D/A but it doesn`t have enough cut so I use a rotary all the time now.

autoconcierge
03-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I think it is a case by case basis, each car has different paint and defects and will require a myriad of products and techniques, as of late Megs 205 has not finished down on every finish I have used it on, but using the DA polisher works really well depending on what you do.

I know alot of you guys are using the PC with the KB method, but I prefer the power of the Flex DA and the finess if you use it at slower speeds and finish pads.

03-29-2009, 12:07 PM
Its a pain in the assss to buy from 45 different places. I wish 1 line would server all purposes.