PDA

View Full Version : Polishing pads?

imported_Detailing Technology
03-28-2009, 03:15 PM
I have used 3M, Edge, and Lake Country CCS. Im looking for something new for the Porter Cable and the rotary. Was planning on going back to the Edge, but not too sure of the longevity of the line now that its 3M.

The Megs pads with the diamonds look decent, so do flat Lake Country. I just bought the Surbuf and they are very good. Just 1 car experience on them, more feedack to come.

Any input or feedback?

ZaneO
03-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Wish I could give more feedback on other brands - I just restocked my LC supply with flat, CCS, and Kompressor. My next try will be the Meguiar`s 2.0 pads.

SuperBee364
03-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Have you looked at LC`s new Kompressor line of pads? I`d snap some up right now, but I just bought some new Edge pads last month.

03-28-2009, 03:36 PM
The compressor pads look interesting.

I think I want to try flat again also.

stiffdogg06
03-28-2009, 04:28 PM
For some reason, I like CCS pads...

I want to try those R-Series pads that Kevin Brown mentioned.

03-28-2009, 04:51 PM
I have the r-series. They are something to get used to. I got extreme cut and correction on an Imola red 7 series today. Very happy.

But its the first car, cant comment yet.

Rickrack
03-30-2009, 05:28 AM
I really like these flat LC pads: 6.5" Pads - Detailed Image (http://www.detailedimage.com/65-Pads-C80)

The Sonus SFX pads are really nice too: Sonus SFX Foam Polishing Pads (http://www.autopia-carcare.com/sonussfxpads.html)

Both the flat LC and Sonus SFX pads work great on both the rotary & PC and last for a pretty long time...

The Kompressor pads and the Meguiars diamond cut pads are nice, but I prefer the above.

Setec Astronomy
03-30-2009, 05:35 AM
Was planning on going back to the Edge, but not too sure of the longevity of the line now that its 3M.

Are you kidding? Perhaps you don`t know that they didn`t really buy the company, they bought the Edge name and the pad products, and left the other stuff (Shmitts, aprons, etc.). I don`t think you have to worry about the pads and rotary/PC adapters being available.

03-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Are you kidding? Perhaps you don`t know that they didn`t really buy the company, they bought the Edge name and the pad products, and left the other stuff (Shmitts, aprons, etc.). I don`t think you have to worry about the pads and rotary/PC adapters being available.

Thats what I was concerned with. I was trained in these matters via Microsoft, so my perspective is tainted.

"Buy your up and coming competitors for their product and close them or steal the technology".

So will we be able to buy EDGE or will we buy it though 3M?

BigJimZ28
03-30-2009, 09:51 AM
just an F.Y.I. the 3M site only shows the EDGE pads in 8"

NO 6.5", No 4"