PDA

View Full Version : Mudflaps

Less
03-27-2009, 06:48 AM
Sorry I dont` have a better picture, but notice the mudflaps on my Infinity G35.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o270/Ghaleon0721/G35%20Detail/Fender-Dirty.jpg

I find the area around the mudflap, and the mudflap itself is difficult to polish with a PC and 6.5 inch pads. I`ve ordered a set of 4" pads, hopefully they will help.

I was thinking that the whole thing might be easier if I just took the mudflaps off, polished the car, then polished the mudflaps seperately before I put them back on.

Is there anything I should know before attempting this? For instance, is there some kind of waterproof seal on the mudflap that I`m going to have to replace?

VroooomCrash
03-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Usually not. When the dealer installs mudflaps some guy walks up with a screwdriver, undoes a few screws on the wheel well, puts the flap into position, then puts the new flap on. Usually they recommend using some sort of wax between the flap and the car`s paint to prevent marring and the accumulation of water.

Less
03-27-2009, 07:10 AM
I`m currently searching through the forums at g35driver.com for anything on this. I`m not coming up with much, but there is some talk of double-sided tape.

Does that make any sense?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, I just don`t know that much about fixing cars.

VroooomCrash
03-27-2009, 07:22 AM
There very well could be double sided tape, if they don`t come off with light to moderate force, then it could require a heat gun. Even if it is "required" I would not be surprised of the hacks at the dealer left the tape off.