PDA

View Full Version : Where to find Supplies Locally

FordFan2009
03-25-2009, 07:23 PM
I know I can get everything I`m looking for online but I`m having trouble finding supplies at local parts stores. I looked in the Ilse and I can`t even find decent wheel brushes. No grit gaurds what so ever. The micro fibers are marginal at best looking. The chemicals are so so. I know I will need to order some speciallty Items online but It seems like I can`t even find "decent" common supplies. What parts stores have the best stuff for OTC? I`d also like to find some ONR. I know It will probably come down to ordering everything on my list online but I`d like to get away without having to pay shipping if possible.

metalmania31
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
I just asked about this in CA and nobody answered. Is this info really that hard to come by. I`m willing to search, but I could use a point in the right direction. I`ve looked in the Sacramento yellow pages and the closest thing I found was Car brite, which I`ve heard sucked. So is the internet the only salvation for anything of quality. Seems like everything I like can only be obtained/purchased online.

imported_Denzil
03-25-2009, 11:18 PM
If you can find an auto paint distributor, you should be able to find some Meg`s and 3M stuff... sometimes even more. You can also get some Duragloss from your local CarQuest.

harpafou2
03-25-2009, 11:48 PM
In Ca Monument car parts carries the professional line of Meguires. Wall Mart will get you Megs OTC stuff. As far a the good stuff, wheel brushes, ONR that type of stuff. I had to go online.

Break

FordFan fine one of the online stores and order all you want, most will give free shipping if you go over X amount of $$. As well as give discounts. Look on the discounts page.

TLMitchell
03-26-2009, 09:19 AM
I know I can get everything I`m looking for online but I`m having trouble finding supplies at local parts stores. I looked in the Ilse and I can`t even find decent wheel brushes. No grit gaurds what so ever. The micro fibers are marginal at best looking. The chemicals are so so. I know I will need to order some speciallty Items online but It seems like I can`t even find "decent" common supplies. What parts stores have the best stuff for OTC? I`d also like to find some ONR.

CarQuest Auto Parts usually has a decent selection of Duragloss and Megs MirrorGlaze lines. I`ve never seen ONR OTC.

I know It will probably come down to ordering everything on my list online but I`d like to get away without having to pay shipping if possible.

You`re going to pay shipping online, sales tax locally. Usually close to a wash one way or the other.

I try to swap samples of products I`m interested in. When I find something I like I watch all the different online vendors for %-off discounts and free-shipping offers then I stock up.

TL

imported_sal329
03-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Think out of the box when it comes to brushes I find some great brushes for various things at cleaning supply stores or cleaning aisles at say Walmart, Carquest sells Duragloss, Walmart MF towels are great for interiors and wheels, Walmart WW towels in the home section are great for glass, KMart has Viking towels very good towels I liek the drying towels, Target has nice towels and some products as well, Michaels has great tools for all sorts of jobs. Local auto paint supply store will usually have Meguiars Professional line.

HiMyNameIsSean
03-26-2009, 05:56 PM
I would imagine you can get the majority of your brushes and buckets at Home Depot or Lowes, maybe even check out Costco.

stiffdogg06
03-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Go to the manufactures site and either call them or find somewhere where they allow you to put in a zip code to find distributors for their products...

I called Mequiar`s and talked to Mike, he gave me 3 places within 10mile range that carries the Professional Mirror Glaze line up.

I also get my 3M Ultrafina local, all my zaino is local.

Showroom Shine
03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
In Ohio there are only 2 places where I buy products. Jax Wax and PepBoy`s. I order most of my products from AG and Detailed Image. I guess it`s time for me to order from Autopia. Do any of you get any products from DetailKing?

RIDDLE
03-26-2009, 07:55 PM
its something you have to keep your eye out for. here in cincinnati they sell collinite 845 at biggs (which is a supermarket). and from what ive read here, they also sell collinite at harbor freights stores- although all the ones around me dont have it

metalmania31
03-26-2009, 10:57 PM
Yeah Target has some nice MF towels. I have two of the big yellow ones for drying my car. But nice brushes and other brands of products other than Meg`s, Mothers, Turtle Wax, etc are non-existent it seems except of course online. I don`t mind ordering online I just sometimes want it now you know. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Accumulator
03-27-2009, 10:25 AM
In Ohio there are only 2 places where I buy products...

My local autobody/paint supply place has quite a good selection (Megs`s, Presta, 3M), but they hadn`t heard of M105/M205 the last time I was in.

Do any of you get any products from DetailKing?

If you mean DetailKing who`s a moderator here, I`ve done business with him and it went well. There might be other "DetailKing"s though, for all I know :nixweiss

dublifecrisis
03-27-2009, 10:36 AM
somebody recently posted finding a boars hair BBQ basting brush at Williams Sanoma. they actually put a pic side by side comparing to Swissvax brush. It was like $10.