PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys vs. QEW

00GREENMACHINE
10-19-2005, 07:03 PM
What is the advantage and disadvantage of using wither one. I am looking to use it between washes esp. now that it will be turning cold :bawling: It seems like I am getting a lot of dusting on my car. I live all around pine trees but the car is parked under a carport. I am looking for the step above quick detailer.

Do you think quick detailer or maybe wipe and shince is ok to use for this
"dusting"?

CharlesW
10-19-2005, 07:57 PM
If you are going to use a Poorboy`s product on a basically dirty car, in other words one in need of washing, the one I would/do use is Spray & Wipe.
QEW is a low water usage wash, but still leaves somewhat of a mess in the garage for me. Not bad, but using Spray & Wipe leaves no mess at all. I probably haven`t used my QEW for close to two years and use the S&W by the gallon.
In the bad weather months, I go to the DIY spray wash or a drive thru touchless to remove the heavy accumulation of grunge, then finish with S&W in my garage.

Charles

00GREENMACHINE
10-19-2005, 08:43 PM
If you are going to use a Poorboy`s product on a basically dirty car, in other words one in need of washing, the one I would/do use is Spray & Wipe.
QEW is a low water usage wash, but still leaves somewhat of a mess in the garage for me. Not bad, but using Spray & Wipe leaves no mess at all. I probably haven`t used my QEW for close to two years and use the S&W by the gallon.
In the bad weather months, I go to the DIY spray wash or a drive thru touchless to remove the heavy accumulation of grunge, then finish with S&W in my garage.

Charles

So I guess Poorboys Spray and Wipe is all that..... and a bag of chips. Thats what I have been hearing.

Isn`t autogeek the cheapest online retailer for poorboys?

joyriide1113
10-19-2005, 09:12 PM
get both. ull know when one is needed. to much grundge that u can feel the dirt as u wipe will tell u that spray and wipe wont cut it without marring. get qew. cheap, and although it leaves a mess, the mess is no different than driving into the car port/garage while its rainning and letting u`re wet car drip all over the floor and dry.

GET BOTH!

CharlesW
10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
get both. ull know when one is needed. to much grundge that u can feel the dirt as u wipe will tell u that spray and wipe wont cut it without marring. get qew. cheap, and although it leaves a mess, the mess is no different than driving into the car port/garage while its rainning and letting u`re wet car drip all over the floor and dry.

GET BOTH!Good point and it definitely applies in Miami and probably in Nashville, NC.
In Iowa the water that remains on the garage floor during the winter becomes ice when I turn off my kerosene heater.:)

Charles

awd330
10-20-2005, 09:55 AM
I use both QEW and S&W. I reach for S&W when there is light dirt or dust. S&W can be used on dirtier cars, but it takes a lot of product and microfiber towels. For moderate to heavy dirt, I prefer to do a traditional hose and bucket wash. When the weather is too cold for that method (or drought conditions bring on water restrictions), I`ll reach for QEW. With QEW, I still use the two bucket method with QEW in both buckets. Not using QEW in the rinse bucket seems to dilute the product too much over the course of a wash. I`ve also been using S&W as a pre-soak for QEW washing. Add an ounce of S&W in each QEW bucket to increase lubricity. On my to-do list for this winter is to try Bug Squash as the pre-soak in place of S&W. Supposedly, Bug Squash will dissolve salt deposits better than S&W.

Luster
10-20-2005, 11:40 AM
I also use both.

Mostly S&W during the nice weather months, QEW in the winter.

QEW does leave a little water on the garage floor in the winter, but it makes the car sparkling... no salt, no grit.