PDA

View Full Version : What concentrations of Simple Green APC?

kopimon
03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
How do you guys dilute your Simple Green? What concentrations do you use for cleaning wheels, carpets and cloth seats?

What else could it be used for in auto detailing?

ZaneO
03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Honestly, I stopped using Simple Green a long time ago. There are just too many possible issues with it. It can cloud metal, plastic, etc.

I`d look to something like Meguiar`s APC or other common brands.

tom p.
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
Honestly, I stopped using Simple Green a long time ago. There are just too many possible issues with it. It can cloud metal, plastic, etc.

+1. That`s a product I`ve had some bad experiences with. Keep it for cleaning the garage floor, etc.

dublifecrisis
03-25-2009, 12:35 PM
i use it all the time mixed minimum 10:1. 20:1 would probably be safer but as others said, I will probably move to the Megs APC+ on my next order.

02zx9r
03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Megs apc+ is outstanding

sure there are others out there that are just as good but I stick with what *I* know works for me

kopimon
03-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Can you guys recommend an alternative to Simple Green that I could easily pick up at a Home Depot, Lowes, or any automotive store?

Megs APC sounds good but I don`t want to order online and wait for it to arrive.

tom p.
03-26-2009, 04:58 AM
Meg`s APC+ is one of the best around and has many prescribed uses.

Kopi, many of us hit up the local body supply shop for basic items like this. My local guy always has it in gallons.