PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do...

KingC
03-25-2009, 11:07 AM
I was trying to get an idea on how to approach a dealership that already has their vehicles detailed by an outside source. I go to church with the owner of the dealership. I was trying to get an idea on how much to charge.

BobD
03-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Remember, in this situation, money usually talks. So you`ll have to come in lower than the other place.

imported_Jakerooni
03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Talk to him casually in church. When I was trying to get the dealerships I always went in with the attitude of "try it before you buy it" I offered the first one free. If they liked it they could continue with me if they didn`t then no harm no foul.

And don`t expect a lot for dealer cars. They usually don`t pay much compared to your normal clients. the upside is they send you volume. So instead of one customer every 6 months that pays top dollar you get a few a week at a discounted rate.

Apollo_Auto
03-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Remember, in this situation, money usually talks. So you`ll have to come in lower than the other place.

+1 on that Bob... dealers don`t care (not most of them, but I`m lucky with the Ferrari dealer I work with here :)) about "how much better you do it", for them it`s all about the $$. You`ll have to be priced, just a bit lower than the "other guy" but you`ll also have to blow his work out of the water in order to gain their business. Just don`t sell yourself short and give him "showroom" details at "dealer" prices, because then you`ll be hurting yourself. You`ll need to gather some information about your competition before you approach them though... I`m sure you can find a few more selling points other than just the price... maybe time, maybe some free-bee`s (better than discounts as you don`t pay as much for them), maybe this or that. Good luck!