PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna questions

LSC300
03-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I just received my menzerna Super Intensive Polish PO83 and the Super Finish 106FA..i tried the meguiars m105 and wasn`t super impressed on an orange CCS pad..so i figured i`d try the PO83+106FA combination..i figure i would do the SIP on orange and the 106 on white? or should i use different pads? the car is a 1995 Lexus SC300. Also, should i order 106FF as a follow up?

And another question..my M105 seemed to take FOREVER to break down all the way..how long do the menzerna products usually take?

Dsoto87
03-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Ummmm m105 doesn`t break down like a traditional polish.

LSC300
03-24-2009, 04:07 PM
i noticed with the thin layer of dust on the top of my car haha..

Street5927
03-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I have used the IP on Orange and the 85RD on white, and have had excellent results. I then topped with FMJ on red. You should be ok using the 106 on white.

imported_Devilsown
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
po83 orange, 106fa green or white, then a 85rd with white again, then seal or wax it.

LSC300
03-24-2009, 04:47 PM
i feel really dumb..but is the polish broken down when you can`t see it anymore? and is it normal for it to take a good 30 minutes?

loudog2
03-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Yes and No. When it starts to turn clear it is broken down. It should not take 30 min. That`s insane. How much polish are you using?

LSC300
03-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Yes and No. When it starts to turn clear it is broken down. It should not take 30 min. That`s insane. How much polish are you using?

i usualy do an x pattern each time for each body panel..is that too much? im kinda a noob at the whole machine polishing deal..everything else (washing, claying, drying, waxing, wheels interior) i have down pat..but i just can`t seem to do much with these expensive bottles of polish i have

Street5927
03-24-2009, 05:34 PM
When it starts to turn `clear`, it is called "flashing". That is when it is broken down. Here is a link for you from proper auto care`s web site. They have the downloadable Menzerna Application Guides for their products. This may help you achieve the results you are desiring.

Menzerna Polishing Application Guide (http://www.properautocare.com/mepoapgu3.html)

BIOLINK
03-24-2009, 07:14 PM
i feel really dumb..but is the polish broken down when you can`t see it anymore? and is it normal for it to take a good 30 minutes?

I used a white pad with SIP over the weekend with fantastic results. I didn`t need much cutting power though.

After 30 min did you have any paint left? :nervous2:

LSC300
03-24-2009, 07:34 PM
okay guys..i used a heck of a lot less polish using SIP on half of my roof..and i was blown away by how much better it was..i fully worked it in too..i think my problem was too much polish, moving too fast, and not allowing it to break down(because of the amount)..so now i`m going to go back again using 106FA on white...and order PO85RD and a black pad

I used a white pad with SIP over the weekend with fantastic results. I didn`t need much cutting power though.

After 30 min did you have any paint left? :nervous2:

haha yes..normal lexus` of this age are a single stage..but my car has been repainted(terribly) and now has many many many coats of clear(1st owner wanted that DEEP look, but couldn`t maintain it?)

BIOLINK
03-24-2009, 09:35 PM
okay guys..i used a heck of a lot less polish using SIP on half of my roof..and i was blown away by how much better it was..i fully worked it in too..i think my problem was too much polish, moving too fast, and not allowing it to break down(because of the amount)..so now i`m going to go back again using 106FA on white...and order PO85RD and a black pad

haha yes..normal lexus` of this age are a single stage..but my car has been repainted(terribly) and now has many many many coats of clear(1st owner wanted that DEEP look, but couldn`t maintain it?)

I love SIP. I did a white Benz over the weekend and the result is stunning.

Extra clear could come in handy. I hope it works out well for you. The SIP and PO85RD should do the trick. I`d love to see a pic.

:getdown