PDA

View Full Version : M105 what to follow with besides m205?

Pages : [1] 2

jdrop01
03-23-2009, 08:57 AM
My budget is only allowing me to buy m105 but was wondering what in my inventory I could use to follow. Currently I have:

Menzerna PG

Menzerna SIP

Menzerna 085rd

Menzerna IP

Menzerna FP

Or do I even need to pick up m105 or should I wait till I run out of Menzerna SIP? Thanks! I am just looking for something to knock defects out quickly and from all the reviews it seems M105 is where it is at. Going to pick up some more LC PFW also.

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-23-2009, 09:47 AM
I have recently started using M105 with the PC and there are times where I will use it over rotary/SIP to correct some stuff, usually on soft-medium paints... it works and it works well

As for following M105, you could use 85rd or FP, depending on how much refining you need... M205 seems to be doing a great job but I have yet to try it

jdrop01
03-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Yea I was hoping I could use one of my products in my line up so I can use something up before heading for m205. Thanks for the input I will give FP a try this weekend.

Todd@RUPES
03-23-2009, 11:20 AM
What you follow any polish with is going to depend on the condition the paint is in after the polish. You have plenty of polishes that will do the job, simply use the least aggressive one that delivers the results you want.

SIP and 105 have do completely different jobs, although the versality of 105 allows you to tweak your technique to it can do similar work to SIP.

jdrop01
03-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Hey thanks! From all the rave about M105 here and on corvetteforum I just have to get some to test it. From what it looks like it seems it will correct defects to where I can keep using the m105 until the defects are gone with KB method. Unlike SIP where m105 just keeps cutting until you are done which I like a lot.

Scottwax
03-23-2009, 01:20 PM
I usually follow with Optimum Polish II because after dealing with dusting while using #105, it is nice to follow with something that doesn`t dust.

AudiOn19s
03-24-2009, 06:27 AM
I`m in a similar situation. Trying to pinch pennies and not get M205 yet because of all of the finishing polishes I have sitting on the shelf. ( FP, 106, 85RD, OP)

Has anyone cut M105 with a finishing polish to diminish the cut some and "home brew" their own M205 substitute.

I have half a mind to think that Origional M105 mixed with 85RD would make a pretty decent combo.

Andy

Todd@RUPES
03-24-2009, 06:42 AM
I`m in a similar situation. Trying to pinch pennies and not get M205 yet because of all of the finishing polishes I have sitting on the shelf. ( FP, 106, 85RD, OP)

Has anyone cut M105 with a finishing polish to diminish the cut some and "home brew" their own M205 substitute.

I have half a mind to think that Origional M105 mixed with 85RD would make a pretty decent combo.

Andy

You could `cut` M105 with 85rd, but then you are changing the formula of M105. If this works for you, that is all that matters. However you are adding a different lubricant that will increase the `play time` of the polish, meaning you could actually increase the cut. To answer your question, I have done it, but Meguiar`s doesn`t recommend it. You aren`t really creating an M205, because you are mixing two types of abrasives, two types of lubricantion, ect.

Of course, if this gets you the results you are after, then that is all that matters.

I also wanted to expand a little on my previous answer. There is a reason that polish procedures don`t get a lot of responses (I think) and that is because there is no way for any of us to know what any of you are working with (technique, paint type, pad type, condition, skill level) etc.

After polishing (by whatever method you use), inspect the paint. Then select the least aggressive method that improves the paint to the level you want. Sometimes (depending on a trillion variables) you can go to your favorite finishing polish, many times you will need a middle step.

AudiOn19s
03-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Todd,

Thanks for the follow up. I need to get off my rear and just get some M205 already.

Andy

You could `cut` M105 with 85rd, but then you are changing the formula of M105. If this works for you, that is all that matters. However you are adding a different lubricant that will increase the `play time` of the polish, meaning you could actually increase the cut. To answer your question, I have done it, but Meguiar`s doesn`t recommend it. You aren`t really creating an M205, because you are mixing two types of abrasives, two types of lubricantion, ect.

Of course, if this gets you the results you are after, then that is all that matters.

I also wanted to expand a little on my previous answer. There is a reason that polish procedures don`t get a lot of responses (I think) and that is because there is no way for any of us to know what any of you are working with (technique, paint type, pad type, condition, skill level) etc.

After polishing (by whatever method you use), inspect the paint. Then select the least aggressive method that improves the paint to the level you want. Sometimes (depending on a trillion variables) you can go to your favorite finishing polish, many times you will need a middle step.

Accumulator
03-24-2009, 11:15 AM
I`ve only played around with M105 a little bit, but I don`t have any M205 and I was able to finish up with the medium/finishing polishes I already had on hand. M105 leaves a pretty nice finish so IMO there oughta be a lot of viable options about what to follow it with.

imported_RZJZA80
03-24-2009, 11:37 AM
could you use Klase AIO instead of the 205 after 105?

kevno6
03-25-2009, 03:18 PM
I ordered M105 and M205 and waiting for it. I see they have Meguiars M2064 - POLYMER SEALANT anyone try this sealant. I would like to stick with the mirror glaze line because all I hear is great stuff about it. Any ideas if they have a good glaze and wax that anyone has tried. I have alot of other products but want to try and stack these to see how they work.

imported_Detailing Technology
03-25-2009, 03:20 PM
085RD

Z-PC

Poli-Seal

106FF

juliom2
03-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Its like a team M105 and M205. They perform together. And the best; both at a great price.

Lumadar
03-25-2009, 07:25 PM
I ordered M105 and M205 and waiting for it. I see they have Meguiars M2064 - POLYMER SEALANT anyone try this sealant. I would like to stick with the mirror glaze line because all I hear is great stuff about it. Any ideas if they have a good glaze and wax that anyone has tried. I have alot of other products but want to try and stack these to see how they work.

M20 cleaner wax/polymer sealant is one of my favorite waxes. It is a great way to follow a polishing job as the chemical cleaners help to prep the surface in case any polishing oils or smears are left behind.

It`s also one of the easiest waxes/sealants to apply and remove that I have tried.