PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys JetSpeed blower

imported_Detailing Technology
03-22-2009, 09:33 AM
ELECTRIC BLOWER JETSPEED DRYER BLOW DRYER (http://www.chemicalguys.com/ELECTRIC_BLOWER_JETSPEED_DRYER_BLOW_DRYER_p/acc_303.htm)

Does anyone use this? I have used a leaf blower in the past, but unless the ground around the car is wet, debris blows all over the car.

I like the size, and price, but can anyone comment on the power?

SuperBee364
03-22-2009, 09:51 AM
That looks very similar to the Black and Decker blower I use. Mine was about twice that price, but it`s also a leaf sucker/mulcher/bagger which is very handy come fall.

I use the blower to dry after every wash. It works very well with a good carnauba LSP, and just kind of OK with sealants. For some reason, sealants like to turn water into little tiny water droplets that resist being blown off the paint, which is quite unlike `nubas that just make the water blow right off.

Another thing to consider would be the Air Wand that Accumulator uses. It`s a much more accurate tool, and far less likely to contaminate your paint with stuff blown up from the ground.

The New Air Wand (http://www.airwand.com/)

Accumulator
03-22-2009, 10:13 AM
That JetSpeed thing looks like it`d be very good for around emblems and for certain recesses. I bet it`s super for blowing water out of sideview mirror housings. It looks like a good alternative to the air compressor for that sort of thing. IMO if somebody doesn`t have a compressor they might oughta consider the JetSpeed.

For whole-car blowing, I`d prefer the AirWand.

I can see somebody using both, but if you can only have one I`d take the AirWand myself. Note that it can do the concentrated-output thing too, you just gotta cover part of its output slot with your free hand (not optimal, but it works OK).

GLuXuRy
03-22-2009, 12:25 PM
it good for small area water removal (mirrors, grills, vents, door handles)

i LOVE it for wheels ( i have aftermarket two piece wheels, and water hides everywhere)

imported_rydawg
03-22-2009, 03:50 PM
A client of mine just picked me up one of these today. It is quite small, but blows out a very good amount of air.

salty
03-22-2009, 04:12 PM
I bought one very similar a few years ago. Used it a few times but it now collects dust. I does blow fairly well but would be considered a toy compared to a full size blower.

As stated it is good for emblems and mirrors but the whole car was a task. Though i was using it with sealants, as Super said, would leave small droplets which i would chase around with the blower.

BigAl3
03-22-2009, 04:50 PM
this is the way to go and it`s $10 less. i got my friend to buy one and he hasn`t regretted it one bit (it`s light so you can hold it in one hand and use a waffle weave or mf towel in the other to wipe any leftover drips, etc). also, read the excellent reviews...

Walmart.com: Weed Eater WEB150 Electric Blower: Lawn & Garden (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4910793)

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/47/61/01/0002476101554_500X500.jpg

imported_RZJZA80
03-22-2009, 05:53 PM
I have the same one BIGAL3 shows from WalMart, works pretty well but you`ll need to carry a towel to spot dry the rest of the car

BigAl3
03-22-2009, 05:56 PM
I have the same one BIGAL3 shows from WalMart, works pretty well but you`ll need to carry a towel to spot dry the rest of the car

this thing does a great job and there is very minimal water (no leaf blower is going to be 100% effective in completely drying a car) to pat dry... :2thumbs:

gchristopher9
03-22-2009, 08:45 PM
seems like a good buy for the price just to take care of the mirrors and around trim work

dsms
03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I just got one and it BLOWS, as in the thing is total junk.

Cheaply made and the air coming out is to narrow to help dry a car as you want it to. Go get a Toro blower or something.

NOT HAPPY WITH THE JETSPEED AT ALL!

BigAl3
03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
I just got one and it BLOWS, as in the thing is total junk.

Cheaply made and the air coming out is to narrow to help dry a car as you want it to. Go get a Toro blower or something.

NOT HAPPY WITH THE JETSPEED AT ALL!

that`s really unfortunate, especially considering the price. maybe you can return it?

imported_MadOzodi
03-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I wonder if I`d be able to adapt that Air Wand nozzle to fit my Metro Vac N Blo hose. I guess I`d need some sort of reducer to be able to insert the hose into the nozzle.

jordanrossbell
03-22-2009, 09:19 PM
I use the blower attached to my shop vac...does a great job, i just have to remember to always hold on to the attachment or it will come flying off..heed my words haha

Accumulator
03-23-2009, 10:24 AM
I..just have to remember to always hold on to the attachment or it will come flying off..heed my words haha

That can happen with the AirWand too..I had to replace the hose after a while as it started popping off.