PDA

View Full Version : My First Polish:)please Help

shagimardanov
03-19-2009, 07:12 PM
hi

this is my first post, and i need advice how to bring paint on my car back to life.

It is 1 year old mazda cx7(gray), i don`t have a garage so i parked it outside(it has lot of swirls, and some scratches).

i was reading this forum for a couple months (and really enjoy it), and want to thank you everybody for sharing your experience!

for last couple months i bought some:)

flex 3401

pc 7424

foam gun

menz super finish

menz intensive polish

menz power gloss

menz final polish

menz top inspection

klasse hgsg

klasse aio

pinnacle shampoo

dp clay bar and lubricant

dp foam

pb bug squash

pb natural look

pb wheel cleaner

z2

z5

z6

z7

z16

z18

zymol cleaner wax

dodo eight test tube

pads lake country

2 red

2 white

2 orange

1 yellow

1 blue

that`s it for right now:) (i am getting crazy)

my question is what to use and how, and what else i need?

i am planing to start saturday morning(so exited).

THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR TIME!!!!!

HappyWax
03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Holy Moly, that`s a lot of products! My advice - Find a test car and practice first - the Porter Cable is very forgiving !

FordFan2009
03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Dang, wish I hada collection like that! Thats impressive for a starter kit. I would gues you could do it with 1/4 of the products though. I would wash/clay/menz intensive w/ orange, menz final with white, klasse AIO, z5, z5, z2, z2, z6, that should be fine for starts.

imported_mystic04
03-20-2009, 04:37 AM
WOW you brought all of auto geek.

BIOLINK
03-20-2009, 05:21 AM
WOW you brought all of auto geek.

Why is our economy not doing better? LOL Seriously though, you`ve got some good stuff there. It would seem you have your bases covered. Start with the least aggressive polish you believe will do the job. Two words: Test Car. However, if you start on yours, there are many threads here for the PC and each of the polishes you have. (Wow, you have the Flex too) I`d start with the PC and see how it goes. Read up, you`ll be fine.

:usa:usa:usa:usa

Accumulator
03-20-2009, 10:46 AM
shagimardanov- Welcome to Autopia!

If your pads are larger than 4" you might find the PC a bit on the overly-gentle side, so I`d lean towards the Flex for the correction part of the job. Be a little easy on the thin/sorta-soft Mazda clear ;)

I don`t think I`d use a yellow pad on it, I`d rather use an orange pad with a more aggressive product.

Some people have been less than thrilled with the Klasse twins on Mazda gray (though I think they look OK on Mazda silver), so maybe you`d be happiest with the Zaino.

shagimardanov
03-20-2009, 05:42 PM
thank you all