PDA

View Full Version : G110 & Lake Country Pad Question

Yamaha0219
03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
I have a few questions...

1) The backing plates and carpet brushes that say they will fit a PC will work on a G110, correct?

2) I was looking around at Lake Country Pads, does it really matter which kind I get (I was probably going to get CCS ones)?

3) What size pads do you guys finding yourself using the most? (I`ll be doing a 21ft boat & some family cars)

4) How many of each pad do you find yourself using in a typical detail? (2 Oranges, 1 Yellow, etc. ?)

I`ll probably be using products like M105, M205, CG Glaze, CG Jet Seal, and some OTC stuff depending on what I`m working on.

Thanks for your input!

craigdt
03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
1. Yep

2. Not really... Its a matter of personal preference. Some like CCS and some like the original

3. 6.5, 4. The bigger ones will probably be nice on the boat but you can achieve higher levels of correction with a smaller pad.

4. It depends on how many steps you have. i typically use 1 pad per step

Good luck with the G110!

Legacy
03-19-2009, 11:02 PM
For the G110 get 5.5" pads or 4" pads, both would be best.

Boston Man
03-20-2009, 08:04 AM
I dont like the CCS pads. The product gets stuck in the little holes. When i push down to try to release the products, the panel i`m working on caves in. This is with a white pad and orange pad. They are kinda stiff. Not sure with the waxing/finishing pads.

Setec Astronomy
03-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Normally I would say with something as big as a boat, have plenty of pads on hand so you can switch them out if they get caked up or dirty. But since you are using 105/205, I`m not sure if that`s so much of an issue.

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-20-2009, 08:28 AM
I have a few questions...

1) The backing plates and carpet brushes that say they will fit a PC will work on a G110, correct?

2) I was looking around at Lake Country Pads, does it really matter which kind I get (I was probably going to get CCS ones)?

3) What size pads do you guys finding yourself using the most? (I`ll be doing a 21ft boat & some family cars)

4) How many of each pad do you find yourself using in a typical detail? (2 Oranges, 1 Yellow, etc. ?)

I`ll probably be using products like M105, M205, CG Glaze, CG Jet Seal, and some OTC stuff depending on what I`m working on.

Thanks for your input!

1. yes

2. get some 3" for spot polishing, maybe 4" and definitely the main size 5.5" pads (get all the necessary backing plates as well)

3. 5.5" with the PC 6.5" with the rotary

4. I would say stay away from yellow and get 1-2 orange, 2-4 white and 1-2 black... you`ll probably use the white one the most as many do... another thing is I`ve recently started using all light polishing and finishing pads and varying my polishes to control the amount of cut, so I`ve been using LC white pads with everything from M105 to M03, which is very fine with almost no cut.

As for products, definitely get the M105 polish, I haven`t used M205 cut I`m sure it`s a great product, then also get M80 and M82... you can buy most of this stuff from autodetailingsolutions.net

Hope this helps.

SuperBee364
03-20-2009, 08:45 AM
1. yes

2. get some 3" for spot polishing, maybe 4" and definitely the main size 5.5" pads (get all the necessary backing plates as well)

3. 5.5" with the PC 6.5" with the rotary

4. I would say stay away from yellow and get 1-2 orange, 2-4 white and 1-2 black... you`ll probably use the white one the most as many do... another thing is I`ve recently started using all light polishing and finishing pads and varying my polishes to control the amount of cut, so I`ve been using LC white pads with everything from M105 to M03, which is very fine with almost no cut.

As for products, definitely get the M105 polish, I haven`t used M205 cut I`m sure it`s a great product, then also get M80 and M82... you can buy most of this stuff from autodetailingsolutions.net

Hope this helps.

Sorry for the big bold letters, but that really is important. PC`s/G110`s shouldn`t be sold without including a bottle of 105 and 205. It`s just amazing what a DA and those polishes can do. Kevin Brown really has opened up a new era in DA abilities. I`m still not gonna throw away my rotary, but for for DA/PC users, these two products truly are amazing.

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-20-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry for the big bold letters, but that really is important. PC`s/G110`s shouldn`t be sold without including a bottle of 105 and 205. It`s just amazing what a DA and those polishes can do. Kevin Brown really has opened up a new era in DA abilities. I`m still not gonna throw away my rotary, but for for DA/PC users, these two products truly are amazing.

You (insert somewhat bad word here) you scared me... I though you were correcting me :rofl

SuperBee364
03-20-2009, 09:01 AM
You (insert somewhat bad word here) you scared me... I though you were correcting me :rofl

LOL, nope! For some reason, I`ve agreed with everything you`ve posted lately... You been gettin` smarter, or something??? ;) :D

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-20-2009, 09:11 AM
LOL, nope! For some reason, I`ve agreed with everything you`ve posted lately... You been gettin` smarter, or something??? ;) :D

People tend to agree with geniuses :lol

(JK I just read your posts and re-post them elsewhere before you see it.. I actually have no clue what I`m doing :bawling:)

imported_shine
03-20-2009, 10:17 AM
For the G110 get 5.5" pads or 4" pads, both would be best.

I agree. I like 5.5" on the DA and 6.5" with the rotary.

I`m still waiting on my M205...