PDA

View Full Version : Best Basic Detailing Package?

05' S60 R
03-18-2009, 09:10 AM
I just picked up my R a couple of months ago and now that it`s getting nicer outside i`m looking to put together a good detailing kit that will cover the basics. I live in an apartment with no place to hook up a hose so i`m stuck going to spray it yourself places. Anyway, any suggestions for what I should keep in the trunk would be appreciated. I have also noticed that most companies like Maguire`s offer package kits so if you think any of them are decent let me know.

XRL
03-18-2009, 09:47 AM
First and foremost, we require pictures of your car. Just because I`ve always liked the S60Rs.

You`ve got a lot of options depending on where you live. If you live in a place where you won`t get too much dirt and mud on it, then a no-rinse car wash might be a good thing for you. Optimum No Rinse seems to be the favorite around here(plus you can mix it in different amounts to use it for different things).

The $20 Meguiar`s kit isn`t terrible, and NXT2 is actually a pretty decent entry level LSP (last step product). I like it for metallics personally, and as a sealant underneath another wax, but i`m rather insane(we all are here, don`t worry). Plus the kit comes with the liquid NXT, and I like pastes. Surf City Garage also sells some kits on their website, they`re very good products as well. If you`re just looking for the basic maintenance , either Meg`s or SCG offer great packages. But the LSP takes more time to find IMO.

And again, pics of your car!

SuperBee364
03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Big +1 on the Optimum No Rinse Wash N Shine. Make sure you mix it up with distilled water, though.

You might also want to consider buying a good quality Boar`s Hair Brush to take with you to the coin-op. BHB`s are expensive, but they will save you from marring the paint with the coin-op brush.

Bostonsfavson
03-18-2009, 11:29 AM
I live in an apartment with no place to hook up a hose so i`m stuck going to spray it yourself places

Ah, but you`re not. The gentlemen above me are correct--pick up some ONR! It will change your life (well, the detailing part of your life, at least).