PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Mac

stephen McIntyr
03-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Everyone,

This may sound like a daft question - but my car was stolen and was later recovered with damage...! My insurance company is now trying to tell me that the damage to my alloy wheels was old damage because the scuffs to the wheels are not bright.

My car was not recovered for over a week from when it was stolen - is this enough time for the damage to the wheels to have dulled down?

If anyone can help it would be great as my insurance company appear to be trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities.

Please help

Regards

Stephen

RaskyR1
03-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

This may sound like a daft question - but my car was stolen and was later recovered with damage...! My insurance company is now trying to tell me that the damage to my alloy wheels was old damage because the scuffs to the wheels are not bright.

My car was not recovered for over a week from when it was stolen - is this enough time for the damage to the wheels to have dulled down?

If anyone can help it would be great as my insurance company appear to be trying to wriggle out of their responsibilities.

Please help

Regards

Stephen

Do you have any pics of the damage?

stephen McIntyr
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
No - fraid not

stephen McIntyr
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
If its any help the damage is restricted to the edge of the wheels - we think the thieves bumped up kerbs and drove the car off road...! Is there a report or guidance that I can refer my insurers to for how long it would take for the damage to dull down - they are just saying is old damage because the damaged metal is not bright?

Regards

Stephen

RyanFlemington
03-18-2009, 01:24 PM
it would depend on the material(s) that the wheels are made of. Different metals oxidize at different rates.