PDA

View Full Version : Diamondite Bugblocker

E300Diesel
03-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Anyone use this? I found this in my batch of detailing goodies and remember picking it up during Detail Fest last year, but hadn`t used it. I`ll be driving down to Detail Fest this year, so I figured I`d post here and if it`s not a PITA then I`d use it.

Anyone have experience with this product and it`s application?

Thanks in Advance!

imported_Gears
03-17-2009, 04:29 AM
I used it and it seem to work ok. It puts a thick film on the paint that " bug juice" doesn`t get through. The directions say not to leave it on the paint for more than a few days. Not something for everyday use, it my vacation trip protection. Put it on before the trip, wash it off at destination and reapply for the trip home.

Before I was using this stuff I went through some bugs in Canada who`s guts ate the front end of my Taurus clean off.

E300Diesel
03-17-2009, 06:20 AM
I used it and it seem to work ok. It puts a thick film on the paint that " bug juice" doesn`t get through. The directions say not to leave it on the paint for more than a few days. Not something for everyday use, it my vacation trip protection. Put it on before the trip, wash it off at destination and reapply for the trip home.

Before I was using this stuff I went through some bugs in Canada who`s guts ate the front end of my Taurus clean off.

Would a pressure rinse be good enough to get it off, or would I need ONR in quick detailer strength to clean it off after the pressure rinse?

imported_Gears
03-17-2009, 07:09 AM
Would a pressure rinse be good enough to get it off, or would I need ONR in quick detailer strength to clean it off after the pressure rinse?

I`ve always used my normal wash routine, Megs Gold Class and wool mitt, to remove it. It comes off easy.