PDA

View Full Version : Which Wax Best For Direct Sunlight?

Pages : [1] 2

Rhino
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Hey guys,

I have my first mobile job this coming weekend. I`m doing the exterior of my cousin`s 06 Mustang GT, black in color. Nothing serious for this weekend. She just wants a good wash, rims/tires, and wax since she`s just getting it out of winter storage.

I`ve always done my work indoors or in the shade, so my question is this: Which LSP do you recommend if you`re forced to work in direct sunlight? I will be buying many new products online that I`ve been reading about on this site, but since I have to have a good wax for Saturday, which OTC wax would you suggest that I use in the meantime? The stores around here have alot of Meg`s, Mother`s, etc..

I appreciate any feedback.

-Ryan

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2009, 08:05 PM
What do you use in the shade?

Scottwax
03-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose is utterly goof proof in the full sun in the summer on black cars.

JustinN1_C5
03-16-2009, 08:11 PM
You can use Adam`s products in direct sunlight.

I have seen him apply waxes to a black vette in direct sunlight with no problems.

I know you said OTC products, maybe there is a distributor close by.

Rhino
03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
My current employer has me using a Zep product that I`m not real fond of. It`s fine for quick details, but now that I`m getting out on my own, I want to use what works best and makes the customer happy.. Now, as I stated in the original post, I will be ordering my products online, but my cousin called me today and would like her Mustang done this weekend so I don`t have time to wait for an order.. For this one job I`ll buy some Meguiar`s or Mother`s.

I`ve never tried the NXT 2.0 but I`ve been reading some good things about it, and it happens to be available at a local parts store.

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Just use the same stuff that you use now "in the shade". How hot can the sun be in Ontario in March?

Bostonsfavson
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Just use the same stuff that you use now "in the shade". How hot can the sun be in Ontario in March?

Agreed. It`s probably just going to come off a bit harder--not a huge deal. I would buy some Ultimate Quik Wax and put it on before I`d waste my money buying NXT 2.0.

imported_Jakerooni
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
This time of year there`s really not alot to worry about in the sun this far north. You should be ok with just about anything you choose. This weekend though i`d be more concerned if it`s even going to be warm enough to get it done. Sounds like were going into another cold snap after tomorrow.

Bbasso
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Look into PoorBoy`s products.

willtothewong
03-16-2009, 11:17 PM
i would recommend meg`s quik wax

it even says on the bottle its ok to use on warm surfaces.

so after i washed my car, the sun pulled out and my black rsx was quite hot but i just sprayed it on and wiped it off with a mf towel.

easy brezzy

eyezack87
03-16-2009, 11:26 PM
I don`t know of good OTC waxes that can be applied in the sun but if you`re up for ordering online again Prima Banana Gloss is a good one. Hazes within seconds for instant removal. I use it after my routine washes :)

dogma
03-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Swax from Deep Finish and Banana Glos from Prima

Showroom Shine
03-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Souveran Liquid or Paste works very good in the sun. It does not dry! I have use both with no trouble thus far!

DM101
03-17-2009, 05:03 AM
OTC meguiars NXT or #26 not OTC Wolfgang Fuzion... What does your local Auto Parts Store stock ?????

corrswitch
03-17-2009, 07:19 AM
Wow, learn something new everyday. Did not know Zep had autocare products :)

For OTC in Canada, I`ve found Meguiars quick wax, EagleOne wax as u dry to be very useful and fast so if in the sun, they seem okay. Durability is not good.

Before joining autopia, I used Turtle wax Ice liquid polish which works fine in the sun as well.

I have not tried it but maybe Mother`s Synwax (Spray version) might be good too.

If you notice, I`ve referred to mainly spray waxes for speed.

Hope this helps.