PDA

View Full Version : Dash Cleaner/Protectant

Nick1214
03-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Hi,

What does everyone you for a dashboard cleaner and or protectant? I have a Silver 2008 Civic EX-L with Navi and a Black 2008 Honda Pilot EX-L Navi.

I have been using zaino products since new on the civic and the pilot is kind of pushed to the side because it is a lease. It has like 2 coats of Z5 on it and I wash using the two bucket method but I don`t do anything special.

On the Civic Here is what I have done

8-8-08

I brought the car home-

1. wash with dawn

2. Zaino claybar

3. wash with zaino car wash

4. Seal with Z2

5. coat of Z6

6. coat of Z2

7. coat of Z6

I did the same process to the wheels and all glass except for the windshield.

I also cleaned the leather and used the leather soft on it.

In September I did another 2 coats of Z2 keeping up with washes in between about every few days(the car is driven in excess of 120 miles a day).

Questions

1. I have never used anything on the dash except for a swifer and I want to know what is a good product to use.

2. I also want to know is there anything I can do to prevent rock chips in the front of the car other then a clear-bra(ex. wax or sealant geared more toward protection). I am at 21,000 miles and I am starting to notice small rock chips.

Thank you for your help,

Nick

BigJimZ28
03-15-2009, 04:59 PM
two things about your web site

1.) you should tell people where in the world you are located!

it`s on the WWW not a local newspaper!

2.)Again . . . STOP THE SPAM! - Autopia.org (http://autopia.org/forum/professional-detailer-general-discussion/108520-again-stop-spam.html)

Nick1214
03-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I am extremely sorry for that mistake and I will be changing it right away.

I know I am still working on the website and it is not finished at all. I have not even put zaino pricing on.

So do you have any answers to those questions I asked or you posted just to yell stop the spam?

Thanks

Tarpon87
03-15-2009, 05:25 PM
A lot of people I see use 303 Aerospace Protectant for....well protecting things like the dash etc.

wfedwar
03-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I don`t think dashes need any protection. I`ve had the best luck with QD or cleaner-only type products. Most recently, I`ve been using 303 Aerospace Cleaner at anywhere from 10-30:1 dilution. You usually don`t need strong cleaners. Einszett Cockpit Premium is great, but expensive.

YankeeFan
03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
I like to use DP Interior Cleaner, great banana smell and it cleans the few marks or dirt for the week. I use FK-108 for the dask and back area. Regardless if the UV statement is true or not I do believe it keeps down the dust. Not sure if it`s just in my head but I think it works better than 303 in that area.

Howard

GLuXuRy
03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
303 here .. read about it here .. bought some at autogeek (32 oz) .. great stuff

UpNorth
03-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I like 303 as well but find myself reaching more for Optimum Protectant Plus.

imported_DetailDan
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
I like 1z Cockpit Premium.

JohnZ3MC
03-15-2009, 08:54 PM
A very safe cleaner for interiors, including dashes is Woolite mixed 1:8 or 1:10 with water.

Very mild and won`t hurt/harm anything.

303 Aerospace protectant like others suggest offers a nice satin finish, not glossy and adds UV protection.

-John C.

o0M3NTAL0o
03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
Meguiars #40 is currently rocking my E36 BMW while 303 is in my MINI.

#40 leaves a rich natural shine while 303 isn`t as rich, more satin. The #40 feels oily compared to the 303, which gives me the impression that it is adding more moisture back into my UV damaged plastics

steelwind101
03-16-2009, 04:42 AM
Personally im a big fan of Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer (QID). It leaves matt finish, cleaners well and can be used fast effectivly. IN my non regular drive cars i just spray it on to an MF and wipe down.

On my DD it can get a bit grubby if im carrying my business partner about so i just spray some on to an MF applicator and that really cleans up!

If you want that extra hint of luxery may i suggest Wolfgang interior dressing? Light coconut smell, very refined - no gloss look on all surfaces. Blacks look black, woods do not look greasy, it isnt greay to touch, top stuff! Always worth a buff after initial application after about 10 mins, apply in a cool place of course!

I used to be a big fan of Poorboys Natural Look, but the squirter got blocked easily. It wasnt greasy on the sufaces but i did not enjoy how it felt on my hands during application. Drops of product could stain upholestery and the cherry smell was little strong, though a good performer if you get it right.

Geoff

imported_sal329
03-16-2009, 10:42 AM
If the interior just needs some protection and light cleaning then I like FK 108, if more cleaning is needed I use woolite/water mix then follow with FK 108