PDA

View Full Version : Getting paint off of paint!! HELP

Toyman
03-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Went to do some spray painting in my garage and instead of spraying it squirted on the wifes Jeep Liberty. I didnt notice what happen at the time and now it is dry on the car. What can i use to get it off? BTW It was krylon rattle can paint, And the wife is kinda :angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry:a ngry

jordanrossbell
03-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Dont worry this shouldnt be a big deal...have you tried clay?? I would try that first and if that doesnt work i would try mineral spirits...good luck, let us know how it turns out!

Toyman
03-15-2009, 04:01 AM
I do have some mineral spirits on hand, it wont mess up the orignal paint? Its a black 03 Liberty with a ton of clear coat on it

Setec Astronomy
03-15-2009, 05:09 AM
The mineral spirits shouldn`t do anything to your FACTORY paint, if you have any touchup or bodyshop work, be more careful. Of course try a small spot first, you might want to even try the mineral spirits somewhere else on the car that`s inconspicuous (door jamb?). Remember, factory clear coat (or even body shop clear coat) is a two-part catalyzed paint, so it`s solvent resistant.

fast1
03-15-2009, 05:21 AM
clay? how will clay work?http://photosnag.com/img/3322/n09x0302vnsn/clear.gif