PDA

View Full Version : Should I wax my Clearbra?

jw
03-12-2009, 09:31 PM
I`m in the middle of a detail using Wolfgang Fuzion. SHould I wax my clearbra or not?

imported_DJ Mayo
03-12-2009, 09:48 PM
you make alot of threads. Search.

Rickrack
03-13-2009, 05:56 AM
Yes, you can use any non abrasive wax or sealant of choice on the clear-bra, but be careful not to cake any product in the edges or it will be very difficult to get out and look horrible.

Plexus, Opti Seal, Clear Seal, OCW or UPGP would be a better choice since they will not leave any residue behind...

EBPcivicsi
03-13-2009, 06:05 AM
We use a lot of OCW or Z8 on the film that we install--M135 is great as well.....

Rickrack
03-13-2009, 06:07 AM
I agree, Z8 works awesome too...

blk45
03-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Plexus, Opti Seal, Clear Seal, OCW or UPGP would be a better choice since they will not leave any residue behind...

Agreed....

It`s obviously been proven that other stuff works well, but every installer that I know recommends only using Plexus for clear bras.

imported_RZJZA80
03-13-2009, 09:07 AM
I used KAIO on a black Porsche with a clear bra and it worked great

Accumulator
03-13-2009, 09:16 AM
jw- I`d wax it too. But...

-To avoid build-up along the edges, move the applicator from well inside the clear bra straight towards/off the edge (if that isn`t clear say so and I`ll restate it). Then go back inside the clear bra`s area and do the next swipe again back towards and off the edge. Repeat the application this way, always going from within the clear bra-ed area towards/off the edge. That`ll minimize the wax build-up but you`ll probably get a little anyhow.

Try buffing it off the same way but also try moving the buffing medium along/parallel to the edge of the clear bra.

-Some waxes sorta "sweat" when applied to PPFs. This`ll be most noticeable a while after the wax has been buffed off. If/when this happens, I`d spritz the area with a little QD before buffing off the "sweat" least you mar the clear film. I`ve had this happen in odd ways; one area would have it and another wouldn`t :nixweiss Just wanted to mention it so you don`t :eek: if it happens to you. I *think* it has to do with the way waxes sorta sit on surfaces as opposed to bonding in the way that sealants do but I dunno for sure.

diabolus
03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
I would definitely wax it, but only with a sealant. I`ve heard from some installers that carnaubas can yellow the bra over time...

blk45
03-13-2009, 01:16 PM
It`s obviously been proven that other stuff works well, but every installer that I know recommends Plexus only for clear bras.

Suki22
03-13-2009, 04:45 PM
Use protection on the clear bra.....be careful with wax as Accum. stated...I use Plexus or AW on my 3M clear bra after every wash.

imported_DetailDan
03-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Ive read some waxes may cause the clear bra to yellow, headlights also. Use something without dyes and that actually has UV protection.

HTP AutoWorks
03-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Use a good wax or sealant on the clear bra. Your installer should have told you this when you got it installed. I recommend to all my clients to maintain the film just as you would your paint. It needs a good wax or sealant on it to keep it looking good. I always recommend Zaino...

Macruz19
03-17-2009, 08:55 AM
I`ve wax my clear bra as if it`s part of the paint so many times. My clear bra will be 4 yrs old, including my car.