PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy QEW?

GregCavi
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Hello everyone!!

just as the question asks were is the best place to buy QEW.

Things to think of:

Can I buy other car care products at the same place?
Good Prices?
Reasonable Shipping?

I am looking for a gallon.

Greg

Thomas Dekany
10-16-2005, 08:54 PM
I get them from Camp world, but I think I will order it online so I don`t waste time and gas.

GregCavi
10-16-2005, 08:55 PM
I have heard walmart but havnt really looked.... in the camping section? any truth to this.. aslo to whore my own thread. its a capfull per gallon correct? so if I have 5 gallons of water then. 5 capfuls?

Thanks

Greg

CharlesW
10-16-2005, 09:14 PM
Hello everyone!!

just as the question asks were is the best place to buy QEW.

Things to think of:

Can I buy other car care products at the same place?
Good Prices?
Reasonable Shipping?

I am looking for a gallon.

GregGreg:
Try here (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/products/index.cfm?deptID=&subOf=346&prodID=1545&src=TSC).
Wal*Mart carries some other Protect-All products in their RV supply section, but I`ve never seen the QEW in our Wally World.

Charles

GregCavi
10-16-2005, 09:45 PM
thanks Charles. I got it for 33 a gallon which was a little more than I wanted to spend but whatever. What is everyone else paying? How much do you go through a winter?

Greg

Anthony A
10-17-2005, 12:51 AM
I have heard walmart but havnt really looked.... in the camping section? any truth to this.. aslo to whore my own thread. its a capfull per gallon correct? so if I have 5 gallons of water then. 5 capfuls?

Thanks

Greg

Protectall recommends two capfuls per gallon.

GTScott
10-17-2005, 07:05 AM
I hear a lot about this stuff. How is this different from something like Spray and Wipe? I am starting to get in the mode of trying to find something to get me through the winter.

-GT

jclt12003
10-17-2005, 09:09 PM
can someone please explain this to me. What exactly is this product and what is it used for thanx

Jason

CharlesW
10-17-2005, 09:23 PM
You can read about QEW, (Quick & Easy Wash) here. (http://www.protectall.com/qelg.htm)

I used it at one time and it does a pretty good job. It is low water use, but not waterless. It still can leave a little bit of a mess in your garage if you are using it in the winter.
For the past several winters, I go through the DIY spray wash to knock off the big chunks and then finish with Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe. Less mess and seems to do a good job.

Charles

Ecodetail
10-17-2005, 10:26 PM
I use low water approach to detailing so I`ve been using QEW for two years, its an amazing product that cleans the car without marring and leaves a sparkling streak free shine..I love this product. I hear this product has some wax in it. However, it is marketed as wash product not protection product..hence should be construed as spray wax in its function.

Let me give you guys a head`s up on a new QEW by Optimum, it is polymer based leaves no streak, cleans better than QEW made by Protectall. I`ve used the test version of this prodcut and I`m absolutely amazed by its effectiveness. This is the ultimate low water wash designed to work with good micro-fiber towel it makes the towel clean better than I`ve ever imagined possible. This product leaves anti static finish that keeps the car clean for days after wash. I dont know the scheduled launch date by David ..but I stongly feel everyone should try this product. You can use one ounce to a galon to wash and dry in one fell swoop. Mix 3 ounces to 16 ounces to make a detailer spray that can be used to clean car interior, door jambs, windows, finish your exterior wash to a sparkling shine. This product is good from my test so far.

Anthony A
10-17-2005, 10:36 PM
So this stuff is made by Protectall and is basically a polymer based QEW? Protectall is making it for Optimum? I wouldn`t be surprised if Protectall released a version under their own name in the future.

Woob
10-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Anthony A, No Optimum is supposedly developing a product that achieves the action of a waterless wash AND also leaves protection behind.

QEW is currently made by ProtectAll.

Ecodetail
10-17-2005, 10:54 PM
This is a new product by Optimum. Protectall that currently makes QEW is based in california, the product is said to contain some wax. QEW made by Optimum as I was told by David contains polymer. This product is not made by protectall for Optimum.