PDA

View Full Version : Using menzerna finishing glaze followed by sealant

redfarsi
03-10-2009, 09:20 PM
I was wondering what is the most proper way of applying Menzerna Finishing Glaze and then sealing it with a sealant.

This is what I was thinking of doing.

Polish, Isoporyl Alcohol Wipedown, Glaze, then sealant. On the auto geek website it says that the glaze can be topped off by a sealant but the glaze contains oils and in order for a sealant to bond with the paint surface there cant be any oils. So I was wondering if I should also do an IPA wipedown after applying the glaze, or will it just strip all the glaze and make it useless?

Thanks for reading!

redfarsi
03-10-2009, 09:28 PM
hmm I did a search and it seems that I was correct and there should be no IPA wipedown after glaze according to this thread - http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/112257-ipa-wipedown-after-glaze.html

So I`m guessing glaze should only be used with a carnauba, and autogeek either made a mistake saying sealant could be used after the glaze or its one of their marketing strategies?

GLuXuRy
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
i use a sealant over a glaze .. i also let the sealant cure overnight (like some do on here) .. not sure on how good it bonds with the glaze

nrengle
03-11-2009, 01:06 AM
I actually tested the Menzerna glaze from AG, and I found it did very little for looks actually. It didn`t do much to hide/fill swirls, and ended up leaving a lot of little black dots all over the car (black paint too). I topped with Wolfgang DGPS as I read it could be topped with a sealant, and I have to say, I didn`t see any adverse affects to the longevity of the DGPS. It still lasted about 3 months. So I`d say you can top it, but it doesn`t do much for the look, PB`s Black Hole did though when I did this test again recently.