PDA

View Full Version : Viking detailing products

Pages : [1] 2

elk42
03-10-2009, 03:01 PM
hello and hopefully this isnt a repeat thread. what do you guys know about Viking products? I see alot of brushes, microfiber mitts, wash sponges, and towels. i am eyeing the waffle weave. do any of you have experience with the waffle weaves or the brushes? i didnt see a review for Viking microfibers so i thought i`d ask the experts. thanks in advance. Elk42

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I have used them many times and they work great... what I`ve noticed personally is that the main difference between the Viking-type towels and those $8/towel towels is durability... yes they expensive towels are obviously better in that they are denser and absorb more but for the job at hand they work pretty much equally well... the expensive ones just last much longer than viking, costco, etc.

wannafbody
03-11-2009, 09:58 PM
The green Viking towels at Kmart are nicer than some of the internet towels

jdmer
03-12-2009, 08:23 AM
The green Viking towels at Kmart are nicer than some of the internet towels

+1 on the green towels. Within the Viking line, the Korean made MFs are better than the ones from China. Those green towels compare favorably with my "higher" quality MF towels. Look for a sale and stock up!

SuperBee364
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Think I`m gonna go to Kmart today. Thanks guys.

dublifecrisis
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
yup they`re good towels. Mostly I use them for QD work.

imported_ZimRandy
03-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I was at my local Kmart last night and they never have the Viking stuff discounted.

However, they did have the Mothers Clay Bar kit for $9.00 (originally $17.xx). There were a couple of Armor All and Turtle Wax gift packs on clearance, too.

Randy

imported_DJ Mayo
03-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Just bought 2 Green Viking MF towels yesterday and total was $11 something. Great price considering there is no shipping.

Frito Bandito
03-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, the green towels are nice, as are the big yellow drying towels. They have a new 3-pack of yellow MFs you can find at O`Reilly auto which are decent as well. Oh, almost forgot, the microfiber sponge (the plusher one) is pretty nice for ONR washing.

elk42
03-12-2009, 03:14 PM
thanks for the replies. to piggy back on my thread, i just got a Peak WW from pep boys. anyone use these?

WhiteStripes
03-12-2009, 04:24 PM
I have a bunch of their applicator pads that I use for Lexol treating leather, and while they aren`t the softest things I`ve ever used, they work pretty good and are super cheap. Autozone sells them in packs of 6 for like 4 bucks. I think they might be terry cloth and not Microfiber come to think of it.

BigAl3
03-12-2009, 06:16 PM
the green quick detailing towel, gold x-large microfiber drying towel, blue microfiber drying towel, 3pk premium microfibers, and orange edgeless microfiber towels are all quality microfiber and are every bit as good as the boutique. i`ve used these for a long time without any issues...

Bunky
03-13-2009, 02:28 PM
the green quick detailing towel, gold x-large microfiber drying towel, blue microfiber drying towel, 3pk premium microfibers, and orange edgeless microfiber towels are all quality microfiber and are every bit as good as the boutique. i`ve used these for a long time without any issues...

I did not like the new Viking edgeless towels (they wrinkle too much) but they seem to be great on glass.

BigAl3
03-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I did not like the new Viking edgeless towels (they wrinkle too much) but they seem to be great on glass.

i like the older orange ones, not the newer ones...

Alex T.
03-15-2009, 08:09 AM
I just picked up two detailing towels today. Never seen those before (they are green but the color is lighter that the "other" green). They look like the "new" cobra green towel from AG. They feel REALLY soft (so far the best towel I had in my hands). They look a lot nicer than my cobra Jr. Will give them a go next week. They were 6.29. (Hope I`m not "old news")