PDA

View Full Version : Detailing my truck

onephinesuperdu
03-09-2009, 07:11 PM
Hello All! Im looking for the ultimate products to detail my truck without spending a fortune. I have a 2001 Ford F250 Super Duty, bright red in color. I was looking at this Zymol Rouge. Does anybody know anything about this product, or have any other suggestions. Im looking to do a complete detail, polish, seal and wax, so any product suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

WhiteStripes
03-09-2009, 08:27 PM
Well, I can`t personally comment on the ease of correcting Ford paint, but You can jump over to autodetailingsolutions.net and pick up some 12oz sample bottles of M105 and M205, a PC and some orange and grey pads and be off to a pretty good start.

Never heard of the Zymol product you mentioned, but their other waxes are quite good. Little expensive in comparison to what else is out there though.

While you`re on ADS` site pick up a sample bottle of APC+ and Last Touch and that`ll be another step taken care of. Maybe some Super Degreaser if you have some nasty wheel wells.

Some clay, and shampoo would also be a good idea as well as some MF towels.

There are about a million different waxs/sealants (LSP)s out there, but The Collinite Fleet Wax and Insulator waxes are both cheap and durable.

That`s just a pretty basic list as to get started on cleaning up your ride and making it look fresh again. If you`re only in this to make your own vehicle look tip top, then you shouldn`t need much more than that. There are some pretty basic things I left out I`m sure, but I bet someone else chimes in.