PDA

View Full Version : Glass Polish

jostan
03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
I have a bunch of small dots on my back window. I`ve tried stoner`s invisble glass on it and the dots are still there. You can only see the stains when the sun or some headlights shine through the back. Really hurts visibility.

I was wondering if a product like Duragloss Nu Glass would get rid of something like this? I`m not sure how I got it on my back window but it might have been some car wash solution I did not properly wipe off?

One last question: would the glass polish have any ill effect on the orange strips on my back window? I think the strips are there to heat the window.

Thanks

imported_GMCloud27
03-08-2009, 02:43 PM
You can try a product called DP Glass Restorer, DP High Performance Glass Restorer (http://autogeek.net/dp515.html) with a PC at low speeds on a white pad and see if this helps correct the problem. I`ve used this product on many occassions and it`s helped dramatically. You can also apply it by hand too.

One idea to try :)

Oh and regarding the heat stripes, you should be fine with no ill effects.

jordanrossbell
03-08-2009, 11:49 PM
NuGlass would prolly take care of it. I would try Vinegar/Water at about 1:1 first...they could be waterspots? This might correct the problem, if not your local carquest should have NuGlass, a good local option..good luck

WhiteStripes
03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
CarQuest sells Duragloss?

What about Autoglym Fast Glass, is that a true glass polish, or just another cleaner labeled as a polish? I`ve heard nothing but good things about it regardless.

Bunky
03-09-2009, 06:15 PM
CarQuest sells Duragloss?

Yes and Duragloss sells direct too.

BigAl3
03-09-2009, 06:29 PM
try claying the glass as well...