PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff!!!

04v8s4
03-07-2009, 11:26 PM
I just ordered some new detailing supplies after some long/extensive research.

I purchased some Megs #205, aerospace 303 protectant, and a lexol leather treatment kit.

The only thing i was unsure of was the lexol kit. I currently use some megs gold class protectant for my leather and I am not happy with the way it performs. I didn`t want to shell out the money for the letherique / LWT kits and i read some great reviews of the lexol products. The kit came with a cleaner, protectant, conditioner, and 3 applicator pads....all for 23 bucks, so i decided to give it a try.

Also do you have any application tips for the 303? I have read that a damp MF towel works best for applying? Any experience?

Also what pad combinations do you suggest for use with the megs 205 to clear up minor swirls. The car is pretty clean...not too many issues to deal with this spring. The car is an `04 audi S4.

Thanks in advance!

04v8s4
03-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Also...What can you recommend for conditioning/protecting weatherstripping and exterior plastic trim?

Will the 303 work well for this?

Thanks again

scott2314
03-08-2009, 05:58 AM
I use 303 on the interior. It spots if it gets wet, I don`t see that a damp mf would work. I use a small dry one. I tried it on the exterior trim when I first got it. It spotted badly after a rain. I use this BLACK AGAIN - Makes Rubber and vinyl look new! Black Again is a rich 3-in-1 polymer formula that is unmatched in the industry in its ability to clean, (http://www.autogeek.net/blackagain1.html) for the exterior now. Lasts a good 3 weeks.