PDA

View Full Version : New Microfiber Towels

Pages : [1] 2

JSFM35X
03-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Do you wash your towels b4 using them the first time?

trhland
03-07-2009, 04:47 PM
naa . as long as there brand new there just fine ...

imported_Luster
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
No, but I always remove the tags prior to the first use.

detaildoc
03-07-2009, 04:50 PM
naa . as long as there brand new there just fine ...

I always do because it is possible for them to have dirt particles from the factory. Washing them also decreases the chances of the MFs leaving behind lint.

RDAVEX7
03-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes, it`s a good idea anyways because you don`t know where they were before you purchased them or how long they sat accumulating dust.. I personally wrap them in any type of plastic or baggie to keep things from sticking to them like packing peanuts. Some times a few get away from me lol.

Try a small amount of vinegar in the rinse cycle.

BigAl3
03-07-2009, 05:37 PM
as detaildoc mentioned... it`s always a good idea to wash them first because they could have been contaminated within transit (or at the factory) and washing them will also get rid of any excess shedding/lint (remember: towels are packaged and thrown together so if one fell on the ground and you throw it on top of another, there`s the risk, etc) as well...

trhland
03-07-2009, 05:41 PM
I always do because it is possible for them to have dirt particles from the factory. Washing them also decreases the chances of the MFs leaving behind lint.

hmm ya never really thought of that good point. if anything maybe ill start with a pre wash before useing..

jordanrossbell
03-07-2009, 06:14 PM
I wash, linting can be really bad prior to washing

imported_Luster
03-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Guess I`m out-numbered. Yeah, after more consideration/post reading... I`ve re-considered. :2thumbs:

imported_sal329
03-07-2009, 08:15 PM
I do my fiance got me in the habit of washing everything before using or wearing lol

heatgain
03-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes.

For example, I picked up a 2 bar kit of Mother`s clay w/ lube and a MF today. When I opened the MF, (it was packaged in plastic) took it out and shook it, lint came flying out. Granted, it`s a cheap MF, but still.

I always wash new MF before first use.

Spilchy
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
YES, wash them before you use them. I wash mine in cold water with like a teaspoon of detergent; just enough to clear out any dirt, dust, extra fibers, etc... that may be trapped.

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Definitely wash them too many chances for crap to be collected by the towel before you buy it and use it

imported_Detailing Technology
03-08-2009, 11:31 AM
as detaildoc mentioned... it`s always a good idea to wash them first because they could have been contaminated within transit (or at the factory) and washing them will also get rid of any excess shedding/lint (remember: towels are packaged and thrown together so if one fell on the ground and you throw it on top of another, there`s the risk, etc) as well...

Wash them.

E's Exteriors
03-08-2009, 11:38 AM
Just got an order in today with a good sum o MF. Washed them and a two of them came slightly unraveled. Called the Geek now i got a six pack and a quart of MF cleaner on the way for free. You just never know what is on them like some of the other members mentioned. If MFs are great at grabing dust off the car they will most certainly be good a holding dust that falls on them.