PDA

View Full Version : meguiars and 3M merging

White lexus 23
03-07-2009, 03:52 AM
hey everyone i was on the meguiars website and i happned to see this. wasnt sure if anyone elese has posted anything about it but i thought it was pretty cool.

meguiars.com: Press Release - 3M to Acquire Meguiarâ€â„¢s, Inc. (http://www.meguiars.com/press/release_viewer.cfm?selected_ID=183)

I happen to use all different kinds of products including 3m and meguiars. also zaino and menzerna and so on. just wondering what you guys think about it.

termigator
03-09-2009, 12:27 PM
Heard and read about this some time ago on MOL. I don`t think it`s really going to affect the consumer that much. Labels might change a little if at all, but from what I read, it sounds like 3M is going to leave Meguiar`s alone and let them do their thing. Maybe we`ll get lucky and 3M will use Meguiar`s distribution channels to make 3M products easier to find. I really liked their Swirl Remover for Dark Cars, but I can only find it at one local auto parts store and it`s a little bit pricey ($15-20). Compared to Meguiar`s Swirl X at any Walmart for $6.97, it just doesn`t seem very competitive.

Bullitt
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I also read about this a few months ago in Detailer`s Digest. I think it can only be a good thing as far as making more professional grade products more accessible.