PDA

View Full Version : Protecting Leather?

blinkme323
03-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi everyone, I just picked up a new car the other day with leather interior. All my previous cars were cloth, so I`m a little unfamiliar with how to maintain the leather. My question is, is there anything I can put on there initially to help protect it from scratches and the like?

tom p.
03-05-2009, 11:34 AM
http://www.uniters.com/file.php?file=9

Leather protection cream! What else ;)

Slik560
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products (http://www.leatherique.com)

I`ve tried the Sonus product and it`s not bad at all, but I use the Leatherique stuff because I`ve got a 22 yr old Benz and the leather needs it!

wascallyrabbit
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
wipe down regularly with water. if you feel the need for products there are many to choose. i like opp think they changed the name), or leathermasters. the best thing you can do for your leather is keep it clean and hydrated.

WhiteStripes
03-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Lexol makes a good affordable product.

The Leatherique stuff is arguably one of the best systems out there. I`ve seen full transformations with it.

Quality Leather
03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
None of those products are going to protect the leather from scratches. The best thing you can do is keep the leather clean. Wipe it down with a cloth and distilled water once a week.

Bostonsfavson
03-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone, I just picked up a new car the other day with leather interior. All my previous cars were cloth, so I`m a little unfamiliar with how to maintain the leather. My question is, is there anything I can put on there initially to help protect it from scratches and the like?

Probably the best advice is to keep the seats clean by vacuuming and/or wiping them down and not to slide in and out of the vehicle. That`s the big one--nothing will wreck leather faster than sliding in and out of the seats.

04v8s4
03-07-2009, 06:29 PM
I like to use warm water on a clean micro fiber towel to clean and hydrate my seats. I normally do this a couple times to make sure i get all the dirt/grime out of the cracks and crevices. A few wipes will also hydrate the seats a little better.

Then i follow up with a protectant.

imported_sal329
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I use woolite/water mix to clean, then wipe with a clean wet microfiber towel, I use only distilled water, then protect with 4 star or optimum protectant plus

WhiteStripes
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Oh, if he is meaning protect from pyhsical wear and tear, then yeah, sliding in and out will definitely be the culprit there. You need to find a way to plop yourself into the seat. Otherwise if your seats have aggressive bolsters, kiss them goodbye.