PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Ferrari Fiorano + up next...

Pages : [1] 2

Apollo_Auto
03-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Removed sorry!

Greg Nichols
03-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Sweet job! Looks like you`ll keep the dealership hooked on your skills.

On a side note I use the "green" painters tape cheaper and just as easy to release, unless you leave it on for 3 days, then it requires IPA for complete release.

Cheers,

GREG

Apollo_Auto
03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Sweet job! Looks like you`ll keep the dealership hooked on your skills.

On a side note I use the "green" painters tape cheaper and just as easy to release, unless you leave it on for 3 days, then it requires IPA for complete release.

Cheers,

GREG

I was fortunate enough to find the blue stuff in this country :)! I`ll stick with the off-white stuff!

imported_Detailing Technology
03-03-2009, 03:13 PM
By far my favorite Ferrari. Nice work.

imported_JoshVette
03-03-2009, 05:06 PM
Nice work, maybe it`s just my computer but it seems very difficult to see the swirls and holograms in those first few pics with that light you`re using.

Nice job getting those scratches out too.

Josh

imported_DJ Mayo
03-03-2009, 05:31 PM
I was about to say the same Josh. In the picture where you say "swirls across the entire hood" I don`t see much of anything. I`m not saying there wasn`t just saying I don`t see them. Overall, great job on the detail and what an awesome car to work on.

DJ

Barry Theal
03-03-2009, 05:36 PM
dude seriously im jealous!!!! nice work my hungarian friend!!! your killing me with these cars. lol, great work and keep it up!!!!! im thinking i need to fly to hungary and work for some lights!!!!! lol

Street5927
03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice work. It looked like there were scratches on the bottom of the front passenger side bumper...or am I just seeing things???

Twista616
03-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Very nice work. It looked like there were scratches on the bottom of the front passenger side bumper...or am I just seeing things???

Im going to go out on a limb and say its just a bad reflection. I noticed that too, but i`m sure Apollo would have taken pictures of it.

Amazing work though, and you are quite fortunate! Congrats!

pampos
03-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Very nice work mate....Can`t wait to see the next one too...

dmw2692004
03-03-2009, 09:39 PM
looks great!

David Fermani
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
http://apolloauto.hu/images/fiorano_2_21.jpg

Great job on a sweet car!

On a side note, it looks like the right outer front bumper sensor got damaged. It was fine in 1 picture and then popped out in another. :nixweiss

autoconcierge
03-03-2009, 09:58 PM
Two in one week!! Apollo is the finish Grigio titanio or Grigio Nuringburgring?, just curious as with the led light in some pics at first I thought it was Tour De france blue.

Anyway SUPER CLEAN

Apollo_Auto
03-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Nice work, maybe it`s just my computer but it seems very difficult to see the swirls and holograms in those first few pics with that light you`re using.

Nice job getting those scratches out too.

Josh

Thanks Josh! You guys seriously can`t see the holograms/buffer trails in this picture? Look at how the light catches and veers to the left.

http://apolloauto.hu/images/fiorano_2_8.jpg

The light I was using was the only thing that would pick up on the damage because I was working in a very well-lit garage and had to try and overpower the existing light. The spotlight I have is much stronger than the lights there, but being that the car is gray, it`s difficult to see scratches/holograms with a light that`s the same color as the background light. Therefore I used the LED lamp on my spotlight to combat the light problem, as it`s a different color than the neons and the natural light that was in the room. To show you what I mean, here`s 2 pictures of the F430 I`m doing now. The first is with the spotlight and the 2nd with the LED... on the same panel.

Spotlight

http://apolloauto.hu/images/f430_1.jpg

LED

http://apolloauto.hu/images/f430_2.jpg

Like I said, the room was too well-lit and even my halogen light was almost useless unless it was right on my neck frying it and burning my retinae at the same time, so I ditched it and used my Splinter Cell headlamp :). Also, this light picks up things that even halogens won`t... it shows the fine micro-marring. I think David (dsms) also uses one because he knows that halogens are a bit "blinding". I started using it a few months back and now couldn`t live without it!

Apollo_Auto
03-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Im going to go out on a limb and say its just a bad reflection. I noticed that too, but i`m sure Apollo would have taken pictures of it.

Amazing work though, and you are quite fortunate! Congrats!

Thanks Twista! No, there`s no scratches on the bumpers; it`s just reflections from the objects in the room. I had to detail this car in an awkward place (right next to the service department desk :aww:) because all of the stalls were full. Adapt and overcome :)